• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTV's The Challenge discussion thread

I'm really enjoying this season, I think it's cause the vets are doing well and hanging around. I really enjoyed Hunter this week, his gf breaking up with him was great. I'm gonna marry you, no your not. Wasn't he hooking up with Ashley less than a year ago?

Nelson's punch of derrick was so stupid.

Couple of potentially controversial opinions I'm gonna throw out there:

1. The casts of these things are too big. Consequently, not enough time spent with compelling cast members. This week was the first time they really gave any meaningful air time to Bulldog Derrick, which is crazy 'cause that dude is awesome, very likeable, had a podcast for a while, has a kid back home, and hasn't been on the show in a few years. Problem is they have to spend the first 10 episodes giving air time to all these boring Are You The One People who bring nothing to the table. Start the cast at like 16-20 instead of 30 so they give everyone more air time and get a little more in depth with the cast members.

2. No more eating challenges. I don't need to see a dude throw up 50 times in a row. It's stupid anyway because they take one bite of whatever and immediately throw it up. Not really hard when you're allowed to just continually barf/spit out every single bite.

CT or Bananas. Agree with Cara Maria for the girl.

Tori is going to be a tough out for the girls.

CT or Bananas. Agree with Cara Maria for the girl.

Tori is going to be a tough out for the girls.

Jordan is still boys with Bananas. I think in the Pros vs Champs CT threw in Jordan saying something like "i'm throwing in Jordan because I barely know the guy".

Has to be CT and Cara. They're both the biggest/toughest of each sex. Have to take this one chance to immediately get them into the Redemption House. Johnny is a good manipulator and social player but he's average at the actual competitions, so he can be beat in an elimination. I'd probably put Tori and Derrick as the #2 choice for immediately removing a player.

I look forward to seeing whoever is eliminated come back pretty quickly because outside a fluky competition, they're coming back.

Can't believe MTV is stringing this out another week. This season has gone on forever. They started in mid-July.

She the one that looks like Dany Targaryen?

That was the easiest/worst finale since the challenge went to an hour long show. What the hell. I hope Cara wins.

Yeah I don’t get it. The problem was the first stage was definitely exhausting for them but wasn’t great tv. Having the final puzzle be relatively straightforward doesn’t hype it up much either.

Solid start to the season. CT is pissed off at the other team for the first time in awhile so that’s good.

Back