• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTV's The Challenge discussion thread

Creepy Uncle Vince was a great name.

I'm trying to figure out what Brianna's story is. I thought she was gonna be the "smart cousin" of Jenna, but she doesn't appear to be very intelligent and then watching a little of the aftershow on Wednesday they showed the clip of her saying she's hooked up with three of Jenna's exes so I guess she's just the "less attractive cousin" of Jenna? She did look decent dressed up in some of the cut scenes between events during the show though.

Yeah she's kind of weird- every now and then she pulls it out and does well but mostly just sucks.

Vince played football at Youngstown state. This final is gonna suck. They can't possibly make it as hard as it's been in recent seasons none of these pairs will finish.

Least favorite person remaining by far is Cara Maria's cousin. That guy's accent is awful. I kind of hate him.

Vince played football at Youngstown state. This final is gonna suck. They can't possibly make it as hard as it's been in recent seasons none of these pairs will finish.

Seriously? He played college football? I don't know whether that makes me think less of college athletes or Vince

Seriously? He played college football? I don't know whether that makes me think less of college athletes or Vince

I thought they actually said on the first episode that he had a cup of coffee in the NFL for the Lions. Probably was just training camp or something, but still.

All I know is that someone needs to sit the MTV folks down and explain that America does not like goddamn puzzles on the Challenge. A viewer at home can't watch someone do a puzzle and have any clue what is happening, so it's not interesting or entertaining to watch. I guess they think it evens the playing field, but as a result you get rid of better players that would make the later competitions and finals more interesting. The mid-season trivia and/or spelling contest is great, but no stupid puzzles please ever again.

Okay, I looked it up and Vince played defensive back for Youngstown State, graduated in 2008 and participated in a 2-day mini-try out for the Lions for undrafted free agents. So that's the extent of his NFL experience.

All I know is that someone needs to sit the MTV folks down and explain that America does not like goddamn puzzles on the Challenge. A viewer at home can't watch someone do a puzzle and have any clue what is happening, so it's not interesting or entertaining to watch. I guess they think it evens the playing field, but as a result you get rid of better players that would make the later competitions and finals more interesting. The mid-season trivia and/or spelling contest is great, but no stupid puzzles please ever again.
They should just do two different trivia challenges or maybe a "how well do you know the other challengers" type thing where people are asked questions about their competitors. The previous competition that involved something similar was pretty entertaining.

The challenge shouldn't really try doing family stuff again. Just do another Fresh Meat and get semi-competent competitors that way. At least Jamie isn't on next season's show...oh wait, damn.

Last edited:
In the preview for next week's final there was a shot of Cory yarfing and it was like the most volume of yarf I think anyone has ever yarfed. It was fantastic.

No shit, but like 2 minutes before Aneesa started making fun of Cara Maria's fake Boston accent I paused the TV and was telling Wife how Cara Maria has never had an accent until this season and all of a sudden when she's talking to her cousin she sounds like one of Marky Mark's motherfucking sisters from The Fighter.

In some shots, Jenna's cousin looks like she could literally be 7 years old.

When you spend 4 hours at home thinking its wednesday in anticipation for the challenge only to look at the DVR and not see a red light going at 10PM and are confused for 5 seconds before you realize its Tuesday.

When you spend 4 hours at home thinking its wednesday in anticipation for the challenge only to look at the DVR and not see a red light going at 10PM and are confused for 5 seconds before you realize its Tuesday.

I actually thought it was on Thursdays until last week - I was so delighted to find the new ep on my DVR.

Back