• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Missed the memo - ACCT dates

I had a dream the other night that we won this and literally no one on the board posted about it. The game thread got permanently derailed with like three minutes left. I was incensed.

thanks rj.

Yeah, ACC Tourney Friday with the four quarterfinals and teachers pulling out the TV so their students could watch was pretty baller

That was so great. P.E. was def ACCT and then the first 2 rounds in middle school. My 5th grade teacher was a huge Wahoo fan so we got to watch their nice little run back in the Cory Alexander/Junior Burrough days.

Thanks for pointing that out.
But yes, I could have read the prior posts.

Well, it was supposedly done so folks would get back to focusing on the ACCT a lot more instead of wondering about the NCAA pairings, plus give the committee the needed time to work our teams into their proper seedings instead of just "plugging" in our winner/loser. But when I was a senior in 1978, I believe we played Duke on a Saturday in an unusual step, skipped a day inbetween the semi's & finals for an ABC national broadcast. We played Duke in the finals with Rod & Frank & leaping Leroy McDonald. So that was a weird year in that it started with the quarters on Wed, March 1, semis Thursday March 2 and finals on Saturday afternoon March 4.

But yes, I could have read the prior posts.

Well, it was supposedly done so folks would get back to focusing on the ACCT a lot more instead of wondering about the NCAA pairings, plus give the committee the needed time to work our teams into their proper seedings instead of just "plugging" in our winner/loser. But when I was a senior in 1978, I believe we played Duke on a Saturday in an unusual step, skipped a day inbetween the semi's & finals for an ABC national broadcast. We played Duke in the finals with Rod & Frank & leaping Leroy McDonald. So that was a weird year in that it started with the quarters on Wed, March 1, semis Thursday March 2 and finals on Saturday afternoon March 4.

The 1978 Finals were broadcast as part of Wide World of Sports. The theory was that by skipping a day between the semis and the finals, the rest would provide a better game for the national broadcast.

Whoa--the Wide World of Sports. That takes me back. How are Jim McKay and Ruhn Arledge doing these days?

Back