• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLS thread

So Atlanta won the MLS Cup last night.
Anybody go?

Yep. Not a big soccer guy but my daughter and I had a great time. M-B was rocking, especially after goal #2 by the home team.

Parkhurst! In my all-time Wake XI (probably). Was the best player on the best team that should have won something (had Hesmer not broke his leg in the last regular season match) except God hated us.

Draft time.

Didn't realize Matias Almeyda was San Jose's manager now. Sweet. Great player. Frank de Boer the new manager for Atlanta. Also a great player, of course. Two cool new names in the league, at least.

Also, was sad to hear about Sigi Schmid over the holidays. RIP Sigi. I don't really remember anything that was said now, but I had the best time eavesdropping on Sigi at Spry during the ACC Tournament one year. He was sitting with some other big shot (I am totally blanking - goddamn strands), and they were just talking soccer, talking shit, talking. Good times. One of the greats.

Last edited:
Gdula to Cincinnati. 13th overall.

49853280_1960395717348134_8763692841193963520_n.jpg

Last edited:
I got that CSA email at 10:00 PM last night and both of the focus groups were full when I clicked the links at 10:12 PM.

I really hate the idea of the Independence ownership group getting screwed over (mainly because I know a few of them).

I got that CSA email at 10:00 PM last night and both of the focus groups were full when I clicked the links at 10:12 PM.

I really hate the idea of the Independence ownership group getting screwed over (mainly because I know a few of them).

If it makes you feel any better I saw it on twitter around 7:30pm so it had already been out there a few hours by that point

Hopefully the expansion to 30 teams means we’re headed to a two division pro-rel set up, but I doubt it.

Hopefully the expansion to 30 teams means we’re headed to a two division pro-rel set up, but I doubt it.

Good luck with that.

I'd love to see it, and it would be the best way to really generate a level of interest in professional soccer that we haven't seen in some time, but it won't happen. No way longtime NFL franchisees will allow it. It's a shame.

Back