• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLS thread

that New England flag is one of the dumbest flags that I have ever seen. It looks like a child designed it after their first camping trip.

Time for Bill de Blasio (MLS is headquartered in NYC) to seize the single entity by eminent domain and grant free agency.

It's a terrible time to be a U28 in MLS.

How do you figure? They're in basically the same situation as before. For context, NHL UFAs need to be 27 or have 7 years experience. 28 AND 8 isn't great, but it seems to me like it's a good place to be for five seasons, especially relative to the status quo.

The minimum salary went from like $36k to $60k.

And, as above, it's only a 5 year deal. Plenty of time for the league to bring in more investors and more Audi sponsorships to announce mid-negotiation.

How do you figure? They're in basically the same situation as before. For context, NHL UFAs need to be 27 or have 7 years experience. 28 AND 8 isn't great, but it seems to me like it's a good place to be for five seasons, especially relative to the status quo.

And, as above, it's only a 5 year deal. Plenty of time for the league to bring in more investors and more Audi sponsorships to announce mid-negotiation.

Seems like a pretty good compromise to me. Too many people wanted MLSPU to get everything they asked for. Not how things work. They got a very liveable wage for all their players and they have the ability to improve things in a shorter amount of time when there should be more money being brought in.

You answered it yourself. 28/8 is much worse than 27/7, especially when you consider that's the prime of a soccer player's life.

Oh, and I won't even mention the NHL minimum vs the MLS minimum during that extra year of indentured servitude.

Weird how the sport that earns several times more from TV and has higher ticket prices and more games has higher salaries.

Do you think this CBA represents an improvement for players?

Yeah Siff I'm not sure what you're arguing. The players got a lot. Especially considering that most of your new owners are still significantly in the red from their buy-in fee.

It's an improvement, I won't argue that. Of course, anything would have been an improvement.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Looking forward to Maloney and Igboananike putting a beat down on Galaxy to start the season.

030515-SOCCER-MLS-map-JL-IA.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg

I don't know if Facebook forgot that SJ, Montreal have teams or if they just don't have enough supporters to create a section of the map for them.

I guess they didn't want to separate states. Here's California's breakdown.

030515-SOCCER-MLS-map-california-JL-IA.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg

And Tejas.

030515-SOCCER-MLS-Texas-map-JL-IA.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg

The opening game of the season is on.
On some channel called UniMas.
I think I only get it in SD in Espanol.
Mickey Mouse operation..

Also, my W9 in SFTC needs Dallas and LA to start going goals. Like. now. I need 3 or more.

The opening game of the season is on.
On some channel called UniMas.
I think I only get it in SD in Espanol.
Mickey Mouse operation..

It was available for free on their website and in English via SAP on all formats.

Back