• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCheat @ WAKE - 7pm Tip - Discussion / Game Thread #GoDeacs

We looked flat coming off an eight day layoff. Do other league teams have these random week long layoffs midseason? I know the guys need rest but I can't remember the last time we played well coming out of one of these. Feels like we lost a lot of momentum.

16 point deficit:
Allow UNC 50% instead of 60% FG% on 58 shots = +12 points
Shoot 75% FT instead of 61% on 26 attempts = +4 points

Silver lining: Justin Jackson babysits for Hubert Davis' kids!

Anyone have a .gif of McClinton's missed dunk early in the first half? Totally comical and heartbreaking at the same time. As soon as it happened I turned to my wife and told her that we had just been 'Strickland-ed' and that it was going to be a long night.

I hate Carolina.

I cannot even adequately put into words how deeply and passionately I hate them.

It is the one thing that, however loosely, somehow manages to unite all of our generations.

Last edited:
Anyone have a .gif of McClinton's missed dunk early in the first half? Totally comical and heartbreaking at the same time. As soon as it happened I turned to my wife and told her that we had just been 'Strickland-ed' and that it was going to be a long night.

He frustrates the hell out of me.

Depressing but at least they'll have to vacate this win one day.

Manning said in his post game with Stan- "we'll look a the film and get pissed off about it" - he was not happy with our performance last night. I expect us to bounce back and play well in Tiger town on Saturday.

We fell in love with the 3 point shot this game. 40% of our FG attempts were 3 pointers (45% in the second half). We are not a strong 3 point shooting team and the misses on these shots allowed UNC to kill us in transition. Thusly, we lost/got crushed.

UNC is too big and too talented for us. They have 5 bigs who were burger boys. Jackson and Paige shot well from the outside. It's not an effort issue - its our lack of quality players and a bad matchup. Duke , Syracuse and Louisville were much better matchups for us.

I missed the last 3 minutes of the game with explosive diarrhea. Not sure if it was the pizza I ate or the way the Deacs played that caused it.

The narrative that Fischer couldn't shoot at Wake is so weird to me. He shot a higher 3 percentage his last year at Wake than he is shooting this year. Just couldn't get his shot off here enough.

Back