• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCheat @ WAKE - 7pm Tip - Discussion / Game Thread #GoDeacs

Brice Johnson went for 18 points on 8/11 shooting. Prior to going down by 18 with 7 minutes left, Leonard and Dinos had combined for 2 points on 9% shooting. In 42 minutes of play they combined for 4 rebounds and Dinos chipped in his 4 turnovers to lead the team.

We can't have that kind of production at the 4 and expect to beat anyone decent. It would be hard to argue that we wouldn't have been better off last night starting Devin and Washington at the 4/5 - which is terrifying.

UNC is too big and too talented for us. They have 5 bigs who were burger boys. Jackson and Paige shot well from the outside. It's not an effort issue - its our lack of quality players and a bad matchup. Duke , Syracuse and Louisville were much better matchups for us.

Yep. 50 holes' points in the paint to our 26. Size matters.

Can't wait to get Mannings bigs in here next year. We need shot blockers.

This was super disappointing. My pessimist half (more like 75%) is gloating at the part of me that held out hope for a signature win.

Just saw on Charlotte Deacs on facebook that there's a game watching party at Selwyn Pub. I can't think of a worse place to watch a Wake vs. UNC game, as that place has always been loaded with UNC fans.

All game watches are at Selwyn Pub. There are a couple of serious regulars who are Wake grads there. The owner of the place was introduced at the Manning/Clawson event last year.

This was super disappointing. My pessimist half (more like 75%) is gloating at the part of me that held out hope for a signature win.

Yeah I didn't like the large amount of positive vibes we were giving out yesterday before the game.

Look at what you're all really seeing. DManning has done a great job with a team that can't shoot, doesn't finish well around the rim, has no experience "winning". This isn't gonna change overnight as far as wins and losses. We're learning some good things that will help us win in the future. But now, not so much. To win games in our league no matter who the opponent you have to make game winning shots at key moments, and you have to make your ft's. We generally don't do either. But wake teams of the last few years couldn't and wouldn't play with the confidence and determination to execute the plan. This team has both of those, and simply lacks the skills/talent.

I believe we really can win some games where we play well regardless of what the opponent does.....you couldn't say that before. Be patient, it's getting better.

Haven't been on Scout.com in a while - yowza on the redesign. Hideous.

Fischer transferred to a weak team for good reason. Just look at the good teams they've played this year while he's been crushing all these records:

3 point shooting:

San Diego State - 3/9
Purdue - 2/11
Utah - 1/5
Gonzaga - 1/6
UMASS - 2/8

That's 23% against good teams. If Wake relied on him for scoring like BYU does against legit talent you'd see similar numbers - or you'd see far fewer attempts. If going 10/13 against DII Chaminade has anyone pining for him to be back in a Wake uniform I'd refer them to LD Williams lighting up the summer league from deep...

Couldn't agree with you more....

Look at what you're all really seeing. DManning has done a great job with a team that can't shoot, doesn't finish well around the rim, has no experience "winning". This isn't gonna change overnight as far as wins and losses. We're learning some good things that will help us win in the future. But now, not so much. To win games in our league no matter who the opponent you have to make game winning shots at key moments, and you have to make your ft's. We generally don't do either. But wake teams of the last few years couldn't and wouldn't play with the confidence and determination to execute the plan. This team has both of those, and simply lacks the skills/talent.

I believe we really can win some games where we play well regardless of what the opponent does.....you couldn't say that before. Be patient, it's getting better.

Back