• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCheat @ WAKE - 7pm Tip - Discussion / Game Thread #GoDeacs

usa-today-8329970.0.jpg

Baahahaha. This might be the second best.

I think academic jokes here are fine. Both schools are top 30 in the nation and they're getting nailed for one of the biggest academic fraud scandals in the history of collegiate athletics. Definitely chant worthy. If you don't really think so then maybe sports aren't for you.

Sorry, any top 5 list that doesn't have the 95 win at Chapel Hill just is not right. #9 Wake @ #2 UNC, Wake having never won in the Dean Dome. Having won 5 in a row, 3 over top 20 teams, needing to win out to get the #1 seed in the ACCT.

There would have to be strong contention for the 93 game where, IIRC Childress hit 6 straight 3 pointers to destroy #3 UNC. Wake was unranked and entered the next poll at #13, then went on the road the next weekend at McGonagle Hall and completely embarrassed Temple (just a historical side note).

ETA: oops #5 is the 93 game, I think I would have added the Childress 3ptrs to the story as that is why we crushed them.

Don't disagree with the 95 win in the regular season. Also remember that everyone who writes for the site is under the age of 30 and there's not exactly a wealth of information out there about Wake athletics via videos or anything before roughly 2000.

Had a UNC colleague tell me yesterday that resorting to academics was a fall-back argument. Not in this case, when the academic fraud helped them win. Let 'em have it.

that is the picture that's in the dictionary next to wal-mart fan

Of course, I will not be there tonight. Dammit.

I am confident I will miss out on witnessing a few thousand tar holes leave with tears in their eyes.

Twitter is saying the few students that are there early started a "Go To Class" chant when the holes took the floor.

GTHC, GTH. So excited for this game!! Fuck the Holes!!

Ugh, this good damned bus was forty minutes late because it is pouring rain. Thank good I've got Stan on the radio. If I jog once I get off the bus, I might just make tip off.

The hell is everybody? Looks like the only people that got the memo about the game was the students.

Back