• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff Gordon Says 2015 Will Be His Last Season of Cup Competition

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/01/22/5463603/jeff-gordon-says-2015-will-be.html#.VMEYuUfF-kE

“As a race car driver, much of what I've done throughout my life has been based on following my instincts and trying to make good decisions,” Gordon said in a statement. “I thought long and hard about my future this past year and during the offseason, and I've decided 2015 will be the last time I compete for a championship.

“I won't use the ‘R-word’ because I plan to stay extremely busy in the years ahead, and there's always the possibility I'll compete in selected events, although I currently have no plans to do that.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/01/22/5463603/jeff-gordon-says-2015-will-be.html#storylink=cpy

B79nNYmIcAIx4fc.jpg

I do not follow racing at all but did enjoy seeing Gordon sitting with Rick Hendrick at Barrett-Jackson last week. Those guys are truly in the "money is no object" class. I watched Hendrick alone drop close to $5 million. And they were talking about some of the gifts they give crew members etc. Holy shit. "Uh, hey tire-changing guy: we came in 5th so here's a gold Rolex. Thanks."

I'm not a Gordon fan, nor a hater. I thought he had a good 3-4 competitive years left in him. Like him or not, he is good for the sport. Maybe he just wants to go out before he gets put out to pasture by HMS.

BTW, Townie's response is awesome. lol

I do not follow racing at all but did enjoy seeing Gordon sitting with Rick Hendrick at Barrett-Jackson last week. Those guys are truly in the "money is no object" class. I watched Hendrick alone drop close to $5 million. And they were talking about some of the gifts they give crew members etc. Holy shit. "Uh, hey tire-changing guy: we came in 5th so here's a gold Rolex. Thanks."

we stayed in jeff's downtown CLT condo during one of my summers around jgr. it was :eek:

robert johnson's place was above us. parking my car beside his guest space was always entertaining.

Last edited:
End of an era. Love him or hate him, he bridged the gap between Earnhardt and the current generation of drivers.

Look here Haashole, Jeff Gordon is a fucking legend. One of the best drivers ever in the world of driving. He deserves his own thread. If Peyton Manning or Cam Newton announced he was retiring it would deserve its own thread too.

Maybe if he would realize that rubbing is racing he would not get into so many fights with other drivers. Just saying that the pretty boy best hang it up if he cannot stand the heat in the kitchen anymore.

Back