• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Catan, Carcassonne and Candy Land (Pit Board Game Thread)

Big sale on Amazon on some popular titles like Catan, Pandemic, Agricola, etc.

Big sale on Amazon on some popular titles like Catan, Pandemic, Agricola, etc.

I picked up a few:

Betrayal at House on the Hill - 24.99 (50% off)
Codenames: Pictures 9.99 (50% off)
Coup 12.00 (35% off after using coupon)

Also picked up Mysterium and Small World from a local seller, $30.00 for the pair.

We all played Skull after dinner Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Easy to pick up, and good mix of luck and strategy involved. Also loved the artwork on the cards.

my mom loves rummikub; i dominate at it.

also played codenames for the first time this weekend and enjoyed that.

Took in many new games this Holiday:

For Sale
Lost Cities
Ganymede
Just One
Why I Otter
Hanabi (tile version)
Code Names Duet
Port Royal
Trivial Pursuit (modern, family edition)
Love Letter

I most enjoyed Just One and Port Royal. The former is a nice party game that's good for everyone, and the latter reminded me a lot of San Juan. Love Letter was surprisingly good - I'm looking forward to replaying it.

Code Names Duet didn't do much for me beyond the original. I thought it was too easy, but it does work for smaller group numbers. The Hanabi tile version was superior, for sure.

Nice list. I played some game that I think my in-laws picked up at Khols. It plays like Apples to Apples with the hidden submission and selection mechanic, but you get to craft out your answers before submitting. The judge chooses one of 6 different hashtags on a card then revels an image that looks a lot like a stock shutterstock photo. You then make up a caption or "meme" for that image using the hashtag that the judge selected. It was hilarious and got out of hand pretty quickly after a couple drinks.

We got Horrified Universal Monsters, and it's a fun game with varying degrees of challenge.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon sucks.

Anybody played WINGSPAN? Pretty complicated bird game. The bird enthusiasts among us would probably love it

Anybody played WINGSPAN? Pretty complicated bird game. The bird enthusiasts among us would probably love it

Wingspan is dope. Definitely would be sexual for our resident birders. It’s a little tricky at first, but it’s not too difficult after a play through or two.

tried twice to get my hands on a copy of Wingspan for my brother and his wife with no success

tried twice to get my hands on a copy of Wingspan for my brother and his wife with no success

I think it just got a reprint since they dropped an expansion right after Christmas.

Just checked Amazon, and definitely didn’t get a reprint. Definitely needs one.

Bed Bath and Beyond is where I saw everyone picking up a copy, oddly enough.

Wife and I got a ton of new games for Christmas. Haven’t had time to play many of them yet. Played Patchwork yesterday. Simple little game which is a quick learn and play. With a 15 month old, we are all about 2 player games that are easy to play after little man goes down.

Back