• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The UNpretentious Food and Drink Thread

i've always had a very *you do you* sentiment about food, music, movies, etc.

you like what you like and good for you

doesn't mean people can't make objective and unpopular statements and that's not the same thing as pretense

anyway, yes, back to processed shitty foods

I'm cool with this til I gotta sit next to one of these motherfuckers on the bus.

5 Guys is unpretentious, I was shouted down by the snobs when I said 5 Guys > Shake Shack (in Atlanta).

BurgerFi is pretentious but their burger tastes delciously unpretentious.

I mean I'm gonna chow at 5 guys either way but I need townies hottake

i thought i was the only one that knew what pretentious meant but it turns out i'm the only one who doesn't know what pretentious means

either way i like 5 guys

Edit for... oops.

Organic foods are just a way marketing people trick pretentious people into spending more money for the same thing.

:sick:

image.axd

Toster Strudel:pop-Tarts::foie gras:livermush. Too pretentious.

speaking of unpretentious food, i SO want some hibachi chicken for lunch with that white sauce stuff that they used to give you at Ishi. don't think there's a place near me that has it though :(. also defs not diet friendly in the least.

Isn't Ishi's white sauce just the white sauce they have at all hibachi places or am I forgetting it? There are a ton of places in raleigh that have that.

I don't think I've ever been to a quick Japanese place that DIDN'T have that white sauce.

White sauce is a staple at any Japanese restaurant but there is defs variation in quality.

i haven't ever been to a japanese place where i didn't pour that ish all over my food. so disgustingly delicious.

Krystal has always been a favorite....I hit the one in Commerce on most trips to Atlanta. My kids beg for it when we drive down to visit my parents.

Baskin-Robbins pralines & cream is so freaking good.

Finally, i see your toaster strudel and raise you a "bagel-ful".

Isn't Ishi's white sauce just the white sauce they have at all hibachi places or am I forgetting it? There are a ton of places in raleigh that have that.

yes but theirs is BETTER! also i only know of like two places in Raleigh that have similar sauce (hibachi japan off wake forest rd, that place in the mall, and khanki but that's way too fancy for quick take out lunch) -- what secrets do you know?

You ever make one of those molten cakes by Duncan Hines or whatever, just add water and microwave? When I was at my fattest, I'd crush those all the time.

There's a hibachi place at Pleasant Valley Promenade....Japan Express I believe it's called. They have white sauce.

yes but theirs is BETTER! also i only know of like two places in Raleigh that have similar sauce (hibachi japan off wake forest rd, that place in the mall, and khanki but that's way too fancy for quick take out lunch) -- what secrets do you know?

Hibachi Japan, Haru, Hibachi Grill, Hibachi 88, Hibachi 101, Kanki, Hibachi Sushi (not positive on this one, but I think so), Sushi Thai (again not positive, but I think so), Tenko Japan, Japan Express

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I can think of.

ETA: It is definitely true that there are different levels of quality at different restaurants, but there are plenty of places to scratch that itch.

ETA Again: google yields the following additions: Sushi-O, Hibachi XPress (I think this is now just a food truck), Sushi Nine, Sarku, Orchid Japanese

Last edited:
Back