• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The UNpretentious Food and Drink Thread

My wife makes those salmon patties. They stink up the house but they damn good.

Btw...who died and said ketchup on a hot dog was a bad thing? I don't understand, tastes like its meant to go w/ the dog and mustard? I know its in the same category as putting ranch on your buffalo wings (ranch is for children) but I enjoy some ketchup on the dog every once and awhile.

does a Trader Joe's frozen Indian meal count for this thread? that's what I'm eating right now.

gimme dat

20130713-pork-roll-rachel-04.jpg

Favorite bfast ever:
IbvcE5f.jpg

does a Trader Joe's frozen Indian meal count for this thread? that's what I'm eating right now.

I always pick up a Lamb Vindaloo when on a TJ's run. I'm still so bummed they stopped making paratha, those were pretty damn authentic.

My wife makes those salmon patties. They stink up the house but they damn good.

Btw...who died and said ketchup on a hot dog was a bad thing? I don't understand, tastes like its meant to go w/ the dog and mustard? I know its in the same category as putting ranch on your buffalo wings (ranch is for children) but I enjoy some ketchup on the dog every once and awhile.

My name is LadyDeac...and I prefer ketchup on my hot dogs. (and blue cheese on my wings)

Trader Joe's is about as pretentious as it gets. Add Indian food on top of that and you are challenging Townie for the hipster elite.
To be sure, I don't eat anything that is primarily associated with anywhere on the continent of Asia.

ketchup and relish. NOM.

I really don't think Trader Joe's is pretentious at all. How are things like cheap balsamic vinegar, olive oil, nuts, pasta, wine, etc pretentious? Have you ever even been to one? That Indian meal was like $2.99 which is cheaper than a Lean Cuisine.

if you can't see it being eaten in a trailer park, it doesn't fit into this thread

TJ microwavable Indian dinners = no
microwavable burritos = yes

LOL, Indian food may well be the least pretentious food on the planet. TJ's being pretentious is also lolz-worthy. The point of the store is that it's cheaper than name brand alternatives.

You'd be surprised, TJ's is getting out there into the Northern Burbs in Atlanta and plenty of rednecks are discovering JoJos (better than oreos) and those frozen meals.

if you can't see it being eaten in a trailer park, it doesn't fit into this thread

TJ microwavable Indian dinners = no
microwavable burritos = yes

Disagree.
TJ's is like the anti-pretentious.

Trader Joe's is about as pretentious as it gets. Add Indian food on top of that and you are challenging Townie for the hipster elite.
To be sure, I don't eat anything that is primarily associated with anywhere on the continent of Asia.

i couldn't disagree more. it's REALLY CHEAP and that's it. what's pretentious about cheap?

speaking of TJs, those ice cream sandwiches with the chocolate chip cookies are AMAZING.

wow, TJs is pretentious? inside it looks like a health food store, and i don't mean that as a compliment

Back