• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The UNpretentious Food and Drink Thread

prices at some farmer's markets is def not always "cheaper" than a grocery store, though the quality is better

eta. and I mean buying produce from actual farmers, not that half-assed city-dweller version of a farmer's market. though i imagine the prices are inflated there as well

Last edited:
prices at some farmer's markets is def not always "cheaper" than a grocery store, though the quality is better

eta. and I mean buying produce from actual farmers, not that half-assed city-dweller version of a farmer's market. though i imagine the prices are inflated there as well

not all farmer's markets, no. that's like trying to lump together all grocery stores. the farmer's market i go to is largely cheaper than any grocery store available to me. it depends on the farm as some of the organic farms or specialty farms are more expensive than safeway or bodegas but less than specialty grocers, but on the whole you can get way more bang for your buck there than any grocery store i know of.

not all farmer's markets, no. that's like trying to lump together all grocery stores. the farmer's market i go to is largely cheaper than any grocery store available to me. it depends on the farm as some of the organic farms or specialty farms are more expensive than safeway or bodegas but less than specialty grocers, but on the whole you can get way more bang for your buck there than any grocery store i know of.
So I should price compare the triad farmers market to determine if it's pretentious or not.

i think it's based on amount of people in beanies.

i think it's based on amount of people in beanies.
I know you're joking, but anyone who considers the look or dress of other customers in their store preference is fucking pretentious themselves.

Wait. So its unpretentious to buy meat directly from a farm, but if said farm drives some product to the State Farmers Market (a large farmers market) and I pick it up on Saturday, still buying directly from them becomes pretentious? LOLWUT

Yes, you are paying more and you are prancing around the State Farmer's Market with your little bag of fresh roasted nuts and fresh flowers holding your girl friends hand and pretending to be conscience of your choice AND you're paying a premium. Just shut up and stay home and buy your 1/4 or 1/2 cow or pig directly from the farmer and profit.

And don't talk about your choice just serve your family and friends kick ass food and let them imagine how you did it.

Last edited:
Yes, you are paying more and you are prancing around the State Farmer's Market with your little bag of fresh roasted nuts and fresh flowers holding your girl friends hand and pretending to be conscience of your choice AND you're paying a premium. Just shut up and stay home and buy your 1/4 or 1/2 cow or pig directly from the farmer and profit.

And don't talk about your choice just serve your family and friends kick ass food and let them imagine how you did it.
Lol you dumb

why would I want to buy half a cow? so i could demolish the meat by freezing it just so i could save a few bucks?

you know what's really pretentious? buying meat. grow your own goats and cows or go shoot some game and freeze that.

why would I want to buy half a cow? so i could demolish the meat by freezing it just so i could save a few bucks?

you know what's really pretentious? buying meat. grow your own goats and cows or go shoot some game and freeze that.
Yes, this guy gets it

I have a freezer full of delicious raccoon meat

Back