• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Clemson

From another perspective, we could have buried them in the 1st half. We up 11-3 or so and had multiple empty possessions in a row. Then in 2nd half we were up 12 and allowed them to score 7 or 8 in a row. You have to put teams away when you have them staggering.

No. You call a timeout when devin gets the rebound to set up for a last second shot, just like clemson did.

The time out call from the Clemson bench took a long time too, only we didn't pick their pocket. Is it possible that the refs are just slow blowing the whistle from the bench unlike the NBA where that timeout is anticipated and they are ready to blow the play dead?

We scored 1 point in the last 4:04. Yikes.

He could have called it when devin got the rebound, or when he passed it to wilbekin, or when he passed it to codi. He had plenty of time.

He should have been more aggressive trying to get time timeout, I certainly agree.

End of story. We choked away a lead again. Gotta stretch 12 point leads to 20, not let other (bad) teams back into it.

Didn't help the ball was on the exact opposite side from Manning

Eh. We had two inbounds stole at the end of the first half. I can understand not wanting to risk that again. Of course, the problem there is Codi and he happened again.

No. You have to call a timeout there. Every time.

Wow. I think they get gassed at the end of games. We're just not used to playing intensely on the defensive end for 40 minutes.

Codi needed to protect the ball better. Not sure about the Tme out. It would have been ok but not a no-brainer.
We turned it over twice in last 5 sec of the 1st half on in bounds plays. Unless we needed to make a personnel change, no reason for a to.

End of story. We choked away a lead again. Gotta stretch 12 point leads to 20, not let other (bad) teams back into it.
This. GTFO with this bad refereeing, trying on defense, trying to call a TO, and Codi is young nonsense. Awful game management and execution from the staff and our veteran players down the stretch.

We should have won that basketball game. Maybe I'm a shittier fan than 09 for saying it, but I'm pissed that we didn't come away with a win.

In any ACC game, I don't like Wake with a lead of 6 or less. We need a bigger margin to offset our low IQ/scoring in end-game situations. Won't change except by subtraction.

Reactions: ONW
Didn't help the ball was on the exact opposite side from Manning

That wasn't the issue. Devin got the rebound standing next to manning. Then wilbekin was in the middle of the court.

I like Manning, but this loss is on him. Period.

Eh, this was a solid 50/50 effort. That last 4 minutes pretty much every key player for us missed an open shot or made a poor turnover, then the late timeout attempt and questionable Rountree sub.

Have to admit I'm really surprised anyone still has Rountree as one of our best defenders. I get that we all want him to become that and that he has potential, but based on his play against non-cupcakes I just don't see any proof. Still a step slow outside, still too light inside, still missing that Levy-like nose for rebounds.

From another perspective, we could have buried them in the 1st half. We up 11-3 or so and had multiple empty possessions in a row. Then in 2nd half we were up 12 and allowed them to score 7 or 8 in a row. You have to put teams away when you have them staggering.

That's coaching. No excuse for using a lineup with Jones, Rountree, and Washington very early in the game. We should have been trying to bury them.

We are such shitty fans. Most fans would be pissed at the refs or at the other team or something, but we spend the entire fucking game bitching at our own. Stupid and embarrassing.

Every fan base does this. You can't be serious

That's coaching. No excuse for using a lineup with Jones, Rountree, and Washington very early in the game. We should have been trying to bury them.
We don't have the luxury of burying them when our starters aren't getting the job done. Maybe next year...

I get trying to "be more aggressive" in calling a timeout at the end, but if we can't trust our best guard to not turn it over for 5 seconds when he has it secured in a vital situation that could have easily happened after a timeout.

Back