• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Clemson

We should have won that basketball game. Maybe I'm a shittier fan than 09 for saying it, but I'm pissed that we didn't come away with a win.

No, you're exactly right. We should have won. That loss is on Wake Forest -- team, coaching, everything. Win as a team, lose as a team.

Every fan base does this. You can't be serious

Not really, no. Go back and re-read this game thread and tell me that every fan base spends the majority of their chat-time talking shit on their two best players.

I get trying to "be more aggressive" in calling a timeout at the end, but if we can't trust our best guard to not turn it over for 5 seconds when he has it secured in a vital situation that could have easily happened after a timeout.

I agree. Manning should have, and probably would have, called a timeout to set up a final scoring play. You can't say it was Manning's fault that Codi let himself get picked in that situation.

Should have called the timeout and secured the last possession. Inexcusable. Rountree should not get any more minutes, ever.

This. GTFO with this bad refereeing, trying on defense, trying to call a TO, and Codi is young nonsense. Awful game management and execution from the staff and our veteran players down the stretch.

We should have won that basketball game. Maybe I'm a shittier fan than 09 for saying it, but I'm pissed that we didn't come away with a win.

Absolutely. I am truly pissed about this one. It is on DM he needs to get his head out of his ass. Terrible game management multiple times. Our older players CHOKE.

We should have been up 30 points. Lack of focus, poor shooting, not caring for the ball.

There is absolutely no excuse. A complete lack of effort against the trarholes, then a faceplant down the stretch.

Pathetic, and unacceptable.

Yeah we should have set up a final play, but Codi's turnover with 25 seconds left had nothing to do with not calling a timeout. The possession was secured.

We don't have the luxury of burying them when our starters aren't getting the job done. Maybe next year...

The starters had us up big. Sub them out but don't take so many out so early.

No, you're exactly right. We should have won. That loss is on Wake Forest -- team, coaching, everything. Win as a team, lose as a team.

Not really, no. Go back and re-read this game thread and tell me that every fan base spends the majority of their chat-time talking shit on their two best players.

If your two best players can't win then they are not useful

TITSWF posted the vine on his Twitter. Looks like a clean pickpocket to me. Hard to tell what Manning is doing. Looks like he makes some sort of gesture to the ref.

That's coaching. No excuse for using a lineup with Jones, Rountree, and Washington very early in the game. We should have been trying to bury them.

Meh, gotta rest guys some time. We left our starters in for a heck of a lot longer than Clemson did - they'd gone through 2 full groups of subs before we put in our B team. Our bench is just extremely challenged offensively. Starters would have been even more dead down the stretch if you make them play 38 minutes a game. Plus Leonard and Devin were both in foul trouble.

Eh, this was a solid 50/50 effort. That last 4 minutes pretty much every key player for us missed an open shot or made a poor turnover, then the late timeout attempt and questionable Rountree sub.

Have to admit I'm really surprised anyone still has Rountree as one of our best defenders. I get that we all want him to become that and that he has potential, but based on his play against non-cupcakes I just don't see any proof. Still a step slow outside, still too light inside, still missing that Levy-like nose for rebounds.

Hell I don't even think he's a very good defender. We just have no great defenders and he's willing to be aggressive, has length and motor. Being the best defender on this team isn't really saying much. Madison is a top 3 defender on this team for Christ's sake.

Yeah we should have set up a final play, but Codi's turnover with 25 seconds left had nothing to do with not calling a timeout. The possession was secured.

Clemson was putting a lot of ball pressure after the offensive rebound and everything was disorganized. You'd like to get a timeout so you can set your spacing and run a weave (like Clemson did) to run the clock in a controlled manner until the last few seconds. If you get set up with spacing there isn't a lot they can do without doubling (which they would never do in a tied game)

A timeout would have certainly helped, but you can't deny how awful we are at inbounding the ball too.

So glad I missed this shitshow. CMM is terrible. End of story. He should be a bench player, but he's a junior so we will be stuck with him in the starting lineup next year too, most likely.

TITSWF posted the vine on his Twitter. Looks like a clean pickpocket to me. Hard to tell what Manning is doing. Looks like he makes some sort of gesture to the ref.

That used to be an automatic foul call. It is bush league bullshit. Codi has to be stronger with the ball.

Clemson was putting a lot of ball pressure after the offensive rebound and everything was disorganized. You'd like to get a timeout so you can set your spacing and run a weave (like Clemson did) to run the clock in a controlled manner until the last few seconds. If you get set up with spacing there isn't a lot they can do without doubling (which they would never do in a tied game)
This is what I was thinking, as well.

Codi had the ball in a one on one situation and had a careless turnover, ball pressure or not. I imagine after a timeout with 25 seconds left at some point our best guard Codi would have the ball in a one on one situation with ball pressure as well.

So glad I missed this shitshow. CMM is terrible. End of story. He should be a bench player, but he's a junior so we will be stuck with him in the starting lineup next year too, most likely.

I don't think so. He will be a nice third guard. Madison will not get run next year.

Back