• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Clemson

TITSWF posted the vine on his Twitter. Looks like a clean pickpocket to me. Hard to tell what Manning is doing. Looks like he makes some sort of gesture to the ref.

The right hand is clean. The hold is with the left.

Codi had the ball in a one on one situation and had a careless turnover, ball pressure or not. I imagine after a timeout with 25 seconds left at some point our best guard Codi would have the ball in a one on one situation with ball pressure as well.
He's proven himself as really unreliable in end game situations so far this year.

Hell I don't even think he's a very good defender. We just have no great defenders and he's willing to be aggressive, has length and motor. Being the best defender on this team isn't really saying much. Madison is a top 3 defender on this team for Christ's sake.

I mean, Clemson shot 35% overall and 22% from deep, didn't get to 60 points. They shot 45%/40% against Syracuse. Madison and Codi are borderline elite defenders, Devin is very good. Leonard and McClinton are average. I'd argue Rountree and Dinos are two of our weakest defenders who get playing time. Crab and Wilbekin are just average.

Maybe eventually Rountree is a good play there for his length, but coming off an injury I just hate that move. Not to mention he fired up a horrible 3 earlier that should have benched him for the rest of the game.

He's proven himself as really unreliable in end game situations so far this year.

This is true but he's getting the ball at the end of the games because he's our best guard. It was an unforced error. It wasn't like he just needed a timeout for Manning or Childress to tell him, "Codi just don't carelessly turn the ball over."

This is true but he's getting the ball at the end of the games because he's our best guard. It was an unforced error. It wasn't like he just needed a timeout for Manning or Childress to tell him, "Codi just don't carelessly turn the ball over."
Also true. He did rush that 20 footer against Louisville or somebody right out of a timeout...

Codi had the ball in a one on one situation and had a careless turnover, ball pressure or not. I imagine after a timeout with 25 seconds left at some point our best guard Codi would have the ball in a one on one situation with ball pressure as well.

I mean, it wasn't exactly a "careless" turnover. It's a tie game and he goes by a guy who's overplaying him who managed to reach around him, while having his left hand on him, and poke the ball away. It's a foul probably 80% of the time and it was incredibly risky by Clemson. But they rolled the dice and won. Sad thing is we played great defense on the last play as well and should have coasted to OT except Rountree quit playing.

That was such an awesome wake forest-y game - was there any doubt what would happen? You even knew they'd miss the first shot but some clown would have a wide open put back. It's really amazing how non-clutch we are in just about everything.

A lot of masonry and bad basketball both ways. Not impressed with our defense at all and offensive execution down the stretch. Clemson just plain missed a lot of open shots.

Codi had a pretty good track record in his first 2 years when we had opportunities to win games on final possessions. Then again, it's a small sample size. He's been choke city this year though.

I mean, it wasn't exactly a "careless" turnover. It's a tie game and he goes by a guy who's overplaying him who managed to reach around him, while having his left hand on him, and poke the ball away. It's a foul probably 80% of the time and it was incredibly risky by Clemson. But they rolled the dice and won. Sad thing is we played great defense on the last play as well and should have coasted to OT except Rountree quit playing.

Not sure they rolled the dice. Putting one of our guys on the line seems like a good play to me.
If I'm coaching the other team I risk that instead of letting us throw in a missed brick at the buzzer.

Fortunately the team has fight again, home and away.
Unfortunately we are struggling to close and the Ls are piling up.
Fortunately we have talent upgrades in our future.
Unfortunately the future is later.

The last two games have been...uninspiring.

And disagree with those putting this game on CMM. Tough loss but I still see progress. Go Deacs

Not sure they rolled the dice. Putting one of our guys on the line seems like a good play to me.
If I'm coaching the other team I risk that instead of letting us throw in a missed brick at the buzzer.

To be fair, Codi was 4/4 from the line today. Reaching in at half court during a tie game would have been moronic if the foul was called.

So Mito only has two baskets and both are 3's?

He got fouled on two good inside looks and hit 3/4 free throws on them as well.

I just don't see why we're still starting Leonard. He's gone 1/something or 0/something in every ACC game except GaTech and Syracuse and isn't even averaging 3 boards. Dinos is flawed but Leonard is gone next year. This year is toast anyway so just give Dinos the spot and hope he develops.

Back