• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Clemson

Not a big fan of DM's comments he doesn't worry about shot selection. I have seen very poor shot selection in key situations. Some of these guys are too young and new to the system to not emphasize shot selection.

McClinton would get abused as a 4. He weighs like 180. He's like 6'6""

Abused in what way? By the 2nd best big on the other team in the post? That's not a thing for 80% of the lineup mixes we are playing against.

I agree with this. We really underrate CMM's ability to get to the basket. He's not an elite finisher, but he can get there with the best of them. If we had another shooter on the floor outside of Mitchell, then CMM would really help open things up on offense.

How so? With his superb vision and passing ability? CMM does one thing well, and that is dribble toward the basket. He is an ok finisher, a poor shooter from beyond 12 feet, and mediocre at best as a ballhandler. He is basically like Ish with muscles but without the speed, vision, or handles.

Wake Forest (9-11, 1-6) lost for the 37th time in its last 39 ACC road games, but perhaps no loss has been more painful than this.

"It's wearing on me," first-year Demon Deacons coach Danny Manning said.

Wake Forest has had the lead with less than six minutes left in four of their last five ACC losses.

Manning said he will take some time in the next few days to figure out why his team can't hold on at the end.

"We're not just finishing or closing, and we have to be better about that," Manning said.

CANNOT WAIT for interior defense and a legit guard next year, and some three point shooting and some other studs the year after.

Pretty simple: Shooting and FT shooting.

Exactly, After the last four year debacle it is a wonder that Manning has done as well as he has. At least we have been competitive in most contests.

Just worked out, had a cocktail. I'm still pissed about this one. No excuse whatsoever. I've been very upbeat about th future but I question everything again after the past two games.poor coaching, clueless play. Ridiculous.

Hard to see time Leonard on the floor as justified. Huge liability rebounding and D. Doesn't seem to know how to do either. Doesn't flex his knees enough and late to spot 80% of time, unaggressive, and out of position lots. Danny's fault for not developing Mit inside more by this point. Has to spend 50% inside not 10%. His height and reach lets him gather boards and probably best FT shooter on team.

And Codi should try a dump off pass once in awhile when teams send their big at u 3 times on drives.

The bolded x a million. All he seems to do lately is take up space. And players that are going to be here next year could use those minutes to develop.

CANNOT WAIT for interior defense and a legit guard next year, and some three point shooting and some other studs the year after.

Would love another shooting guard in next year's class.

I am as frustrated by today's loss as anyone, but the hyperbolic criticism of the coaching staff and some of players grating. We need not eat our own.

Washington needs to play more especially alongside Dino's. I think just with his size he gives us more than tree and jones. We should go bigger. We want to run I know but seems these half court sets Dre helps more. Granted he can only play for shorter timeframes when the game is paced, but if he is warm having been in, and the game slows down, he should play more.

Washington is not the answer. Did you see him when he was in there today?

ESPN summary says it all in this sentence about the last 5 minutes: "The Demon Deacons wouldn't score again, missing all five of their shots, turning the ball over twice and making just two of four free throws"

We scored 17 in the last 16:30 if the game:(

A miserable and disappointing final 6 minutes but the problem is as much the final 16:30. Too many poor, ill advised shots taken early in the shot clock whenever we get a lead. We don't extend a lead even when our opponent is trying its best to give us a W. We quit running our offense as designed and decided to do it all alone all too often. When our opponent buckles, down our lack of BB IQ and time / shot awareness shows up in spades. Our junior class was 1 -20 in ACC road games coming into today's game. I thought they were tired of losing and would do whatever it took to win after the UNC loss. We looked better on D, but we did not value each offensive possession and play smart offensive BB.

Does this game address the debate about "knowing how to win?"

Back