• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Clemson

Codi is an elite finisher for his size. The two and1s in the first half would be finished by less than 10% of players his size in the country.

Hilarious how people are knocking Codi. He is averaging 22, 6 and 6 in the past couple of weeks and had a pretty good first half too.

You're just realizing that a shit ton of our fans suck?

You can stream it online at the ACC.com website. Pretty good feed and I watched the first half there

Hilarious how people are knocking Codi. He is averaging 22, 6 and 6 in the past couple of weeks and had a pretty good first half too.

Yes. But if you want to win in the ACC you have to make smart decisions at critical times, and our poor record is highly correlated with the fact that our best players cannot shoot well enough to beat good teams.

I will never understand how someone like CMM can play as much basketball as he has at the guard position, and be as good a player as he is, and just not have any kind of solid 3-point shot.

He's the SG Wake deserves, but not the one we need.

Why is CMM always talked about so much. He's actually a really good college basketball player. We have so many players that are actually shitty - is it just that CMM was promising as a freshman that people latch on to him or what

I think folks just have a really hard time accepting players that don't necessarily fit into the mold of their position. CMM plays SG, but isn't really a shooter. People can't wrap their mind about that at all. Dinos takes a three in the Joel and the crowd cringes, but Madison tosses one up, and everyone is fine with it. It's funny to me.

Same reason people are convinced Thomas is a true PF because of his size. He's not.

Yeah, Codi quietly scores like twenty points a game. Everything from distance is a brick, but he is an excellent finisher at the rim. One of the best we've had, probably.

Yes. But if you want to win in the ACC you have to make smart decisions at critical times, and our poor record is highly correlated with the fact that our best players cannot shoot well enough to beat good teams.

I would attribute our poor record to poor talent levels at the other positions more than what Codi doesn't do well.

No, our poor record is because we don't have very many good players. And 4 of our 6 best players are freshman and freshman suck in general. If CMM hypothetically graduated in 3 years and put himself on the market as a graduate transfer this summer there would be top 25 programs trying to get CMM next year to plug him into their starting lineup. That's a fact.

If codi could shoot the ball well he would be a first round draft pick. He's just not a good shooter. He has many other strengths.

Codi will be better next year with a real point guard. He is a third guard. He is not a star.

He turns the ball over too much, can't go to his left, and can't shoot.mgreat kid, freak athlete, competitor, but not good enough to be the best player on an ACC contender. I wish it were different.

He needs to win this game today.

To be fair, Codi is the only player on our team who can consistently hit layups.

Back