• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senior Bowl

"There were others that Savage said turned down the event that teams should "dig a little deeper on." The implication was that those were players who aren’t at the event for reasons that may not be solely based on an injury. That dubious lists included Clemson’s Corey Crawford, Kentucky’s Bud Dupree, Florida State’s Cam Erving and Rashad Greene, UCLA’s Brett Hundley, Wake Forest’s Kevin Johnson, UCLA’s Eric Kendricks, Florida State’s Josue Matias and West Virginia’s Kevin White"

This doesn't seem to be a smart move on KJ's part. Very curious as to why he would back out of an opportunity to play in front of all the NFL scouts, etc.

This doesn't seem to be a smart move on KJ's part. Very curious as to why he would back out of an opportunity to play in front of all the NFL scouts, etc.
He's already projected as a first rounder, he'll be at the combine

No need to risk an injury

That's a pretty recognizable list. A lot of people have turned down the senior bowl and the combine for that matter because sometimes it hurts their draft status. They stick to pro days (a QB throwing to his own receivers as compared to the combine for example). Aaron Curry did a limited amount of work at his pro day, he basically showed up to get scouts to look at his teammates. A lot of 1st rounders turn it down for this reason alone. They would rather have scouts look at film than practice at senior bowl. I think it is a move suggested by their agents, which is a plausible scheme. Limited access to prospects is sometimes better.

I've seen him projected as a late 1st round pick. I get not wanting to risk an injury but you would also think that there is some benefit to being coached and/or observed by the two teams with high picks in the event that you end up in the second round.

I know that the Jags have a huge need in the secondary.

So basically Savage is butthurt about top prospects who have been advised to not risk injury by playing, and insinuating that their decision is a sign of poor character or something. Great guy, this Savage.

He doesn't feel like he has to prove anything, plus he feels that he's not competing with any of the other CBs playing in it.

So a first round prospect does what first round prospects do.

I've seen him projected anywhere between a late 1st and a late 3rd. It's a pretty good CB class starting late in the 1st to the end of day 2.

If I were a betting man, I'd say early to mid 2nd. Certainly hopes he goes in round 1 though

There are a bunch of teams that need a CB toward the end of the first round, but they might fill those needs through free agency. He was rated behind AJ and Bud coming in to Wake and it's nice to see that he has worked his way past them.

Where is Bud considered as a prospect? No doubt his height works against him.

Back