• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Palin "seriously interested" in running

It must change. Things must change for this cove…errr…our government. Look at it! It isn’t too big to fail; it’s too big to succeed. It’s too big to succeed, so we can afford no retreads or nothing will change with the same people and the same policies that got us into this status-quo? Another Latin word, status-quo, and it stands for: Man the middle class everyday Americans are really getting taken for a ride. That’s status-quo. And GOP leaders, by the way, you know, the man can only ride ya when your back is bent, so strengthen it! Then the man can’t ride ya, America won’t be taken for a ride because so much is at stake.

palinConfused500.jpg

I've been following presidential politics since the 1960 election when I was in the 9th grade, and I don't remember ever seeing anywhere close to this many seemingly serious candidates from one party. That is 15 names you listed. I know that some will fade out fairly quickly, but still, that's a helluva logjam at the starting gate!

On Morning Joe yesterday, Mark Halperin was adamant that Jeb had to compete in Iowa. Made zero sense because Jeb's best shot is to appeal to the center in a general election. Makes zero sense for Jeb, Christie, or Mitt to even attempt to compete in Iowa.

Let all the social conservatives and anti-immigration zealots cannibalize each other and stay above the fray while keeping your general election future in focus. Iowa's a tiny swing state which isn't going to decide the general election anyway and there's zero upside, only downside for the establishment candidates in Iowa. Marriage equality will be a settled issue and if Renee Ellmers and other GOP women are now squeamish about terminology for rape in anti-abortion bills why would anyone want to get dragged down into a quagmire of social issues whose popularity and relevance are declining?

You had me until "practically unknown."

To the people following politics he was known by his keynote 4 years ago. But to the general public he was an unknown. I bet Hill had 4x the name recognition that he did.

Rewatching the episode where Palin was on SNL.

A nine-months pregnant Amy Poehler did a rap as Palin where she shot a moose and said, "Now you're dead! Because I'm an animal...AND I'M BIGGER THAN YOU!" And Palin was sitting next to her dancing.

Unbelievable this was a real candidate for vice president.

https://screen.yahoo.com/palin-rap-000000488.html

Last edited:
Can you even begin to imagine how pumped up Bill is to be back in the White House, but without all that messy president stuff to preoccupy him?

The Palins in the White House would be epic. Address would be changed to 1400 Pennslyvania Avenue, First Dude would go snowmobiling on the Mall when it snowed, Easter egg roll would be replaced by fat kids standing on dogs pounding Big Gulps, and President Sarah would have War on Christmas criminals executed on the South Lawn via sniper.

To the people following politics he was known by his keynote 4 years ago. But to the general public he was an unknown. I bet Hill had 4x the name recognition that he did.

I did some googling, and fwiw, 60% of people had an opinion about him when he announced his candidacy.

Yeah...I just did some as well. Turns out he was known more than I remember him being. Still...point holds. He was a gigantic underdog and if Hillary was the force everyone claims she should have mopped the floor with him.

Yeah...I just did some as well. Turns out he was known more than I remember him being. Still...point holds. He was a gigantic underdog and if Hillary was the force everyone claims she should have mopped the floor with him.

He just took off. A once in a generation kind of candidate.

Palin, upset by some comments Bill O'Reilly recently made about her, appeared on FOX News last night and called FOX a 'quasi conservative outlet'.

Let the cannibalization begin.

Palin, upset by some comments Bill O'Reilly recently made about her, appeared on FOX News last night and called FOX a 'quasi conservative outlet'.

Sweet baby Jesus. She thinks she's going to run for president. God help us all.

Back