• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Palin "seriously interested" in running

I'm not sure they'll need a strong candidate vs. Hillary. She'll run from Obama and try to appeal to white moderates and lose Obama's minority coalitions. Could be similar to 2000. Better map for Dems though. Hillary has a sizable margin of error.

There are a lot of white moderates that will go for Hillary as well as some blue collar ones that went against Obama. All in all unless the Dems totally fuck this up, the electoral math is too much to over come. Both Clinton & Obama were over 300 electoral votes easily in their wins and Clinton never carried VA. GWB posted 271 & 286 in his two wins (hardly convincing). Below is the current map and it doesn't take a genius to know Pubs have their work cut out for them.

http://www.270towin.com/

There are a lot of white moderates that will go for Hillary as well as some blue collar ones that went against Obama. All in all unless the Dems totally fuck this up, the electoral math is too much to over come. Both Clinton & Obama were over 300 electoral votes easily in their wins and Clinton never carried VA. GWB posted 271 & 286 in his two wins (hardly convincing). Below is the current map and it doesn't take a genius to know Pubs have their work cut out for them.

http://www.270towin.com/

If you put FL, VA and OH in the pub column, Hillary still has 272. And Hillary should bring states like WV, NC and AR into play. All things being equal, barring a financial crisis or major international event, it should be hers to lose. The tea baggers and religious right taking control of the party really hurts the pubs in states like NH, ME, NM, CO and NV - where they used to win with regularity.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/28/you-betcha-i-was-wrong-about-sarah-palin.html

If she skips running this time, the gravy train decreases even more and it comes to a screeching halt if she runs and loses. She's gotta figure out an excuse not to run and hope that Hillary wins since she can't bag on a 'Pub President for 4 to 8 years. Her commercial choices are pushing her back into politics, not the other way around.

Palin never had the capacity, but she might have had a political future if she had finished out a term, boned up on the issues, and maybe run for Senate. People really hated Hillary, but she was amazingly well prepared in the 2007-2008 debates. Sarah was a way better retail pol than Hillary, but she lost it and is too kooky and bitter now to appeal to anyone other than those who feel Fox and the NRA aren't conservative enough.

If you put FL, VA and OH in the pub column, Hillary still has 272. And Hillary should bring states like WV, NC and AR into play. All things being equal, barring a financial crisis or major international event, it should be hers to lose. The tea baggers and religious right taking control of the party really hurts the pubs in states like NH, ME, NM, CO and NV - where they used to win with regularity.

I am pretty sure NC will go blue as well as Arkansas and Louisiana will Hillary at top of ticket. Folks in Cajun country love the Clintons.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/28/you-betcha-i-was-wrong-about-sarah-palin.html

If she skips running this time, the gravy train decreases even more and it comes to a screeching halt if she runs and loses. She's gotta figure out an excuse not to run and hope that Hillary wins since she can't bag on a 'Pub President for 4 to 8 years. Her commercial choices are pushing her back into politics, not the other way around.

Palin never had the capacity, but she might have had a political future if she had finished out a term, boned up on the issues, and maybe run for Senate. People really hated Hillary, but she was amazingly well prepared in the 2007-2008 debates. Sarah was a way better retail pol than Hillary, but she lost it and is too kooky and bitter now to appeal to anyone other than those who feel Fox and the NRA aren't conservative enough.

People forget that Governor Sarah Palin was damned impressive on paper. If she truly had the competency and work ethic to go along with her natural charisma and charm, she would have been a favorite in 2012 or the easy favorite for 2016 after finishing two terms in 2014.

I've always had respect for Matt Lewis. He seems like one of the most sincere conservative pundits out there.

Are there any conservative pundits or major donors advocating for a Palin run? Rush is allegedly pimping Scott Walker at this point. Sarah seems pissed/surprised that people consider her as credible a candidate as Trump.

I've always had respect for Matt Lewis. He seems like one of the most sincere conservative pundits out there.

The book he referenced in that article (Too Dumb To Fail) sounds interesting.

I will vote for a republican or a democrat for local and some state elections but it has been 4 presidential elections since I have voted for a republican or democrat for president.

I will vote for a republican or a democrat for local and some state elections but it has been 4 presidential elections since I have voted for a republican or democrat for president.

I'm no libertarian, but I really liked Gary Johnson, who I think is more of a true libertarian than the Pauls are. He got little pub and no traction however.

The Pauls are NOT Libertarians. Sure, they have libertarian leaning views but they are Republicans. Gary Johnson is a Libertarian.

I wish Gary Johnson had a larger platform if only to get some new issues and new perspective out there and to reclaim the term "libertarian."

Back