• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Palin "seriously interested" in running

The Pauls are NOT Libertarians. Sure, they have libertarian leaning views but they are Republicans. Gary Johnson is a Libertarian.

You can tell because every once in a while, the Pauls say something that makes sense. It's rare, but there if you look hard enough.

Sometimes I think libertarians make so much sense and totally get it and are just what this country needs. And sometimes the thought of a libertarian in power scares the living crap out of me.

Apparently Ted Nugent was on Palin's latest reality show this week. Why would any Christian social conservative military lovin' GOP pol ever have anything to do with a POS like Nugent?

Agreed, Rube. Republicans latch on to the few "stars" that subscribe their world view.

Sometimes I think libertarians make so much sense and totally get it and are just what this country needs. And sometimes the thought of a libertarian in power scares the living crap out of me.

Libertarians have some views that a lot of people would consider to be extreme. That being said, if by some miracle one become President he/she would become dictator. They would still have to pass legislation through both houses.

Agreed, Rube. Republicans latch on to the few "stars" that subscribe their world view.

Really stunned me when Franklin Graham invited Palin and Trump to his dad's final sermon. Neither are sterling examples of Christian values. It's not like Nugent's Bill Cosby, his issues have been known for a very long time and social conservatives still embrace him. Bizarre.

Libertarians have some views that a lot of people would consider to be extreme. That being said, if by some miracle one become President he/she would become dictator. They would still have to pass legislation through both houses.

Im not worried about them laws. Im talking about rule making at the agency level which is where a lot of the action is these days.

what is wrong with republicans?

McCain and Romney were right wingers? They were pretty much the most liberal pubs out there in those two cycles (except for maybe Huntsman?) and they were the pick of the establishment. Did they cater to the right? Sure, but I think most people would tell you that neither of these guys were believers. They were accepted.

I think we've seen the end of the hard right influence as witnessed by a much more moderate set of senatorial candidates this past year versus in the previous elections, though the house is a different story altogether due to district maps. The dems are doing a great of job of painting pubs as whack jobs…much like how the pubs made liberal a 4 letter word in the 80s.

I fully expect the Republicans will once again nominate the most "moderate" like Jeb over any of the crazies out there. Granted Bush may not be moderate by some people's definition but he's a lot more centrist than Cruz, Huckabee, Santorum, Paul, Palin, etc.

This post didn't age well. At all.

Thats "weirder" because I just don't buy the Clinton inevitability thesis. I have said it many times but the Clinton political machine is the most overrated entity in American politics. The Clintons have now run three national campaigns and have yet to gain one 50% vote total. If they were the great machine that everyone claims you would think they could have convinced half the electorate to vote for them in at least one of those races. Hell...without crazy man Perot there would be no Clintons. I don't see why everyone is scared of them. If Warren (or any number of Dems for that matter) would run a serious campaign they could easily challenge her.

On the other hand, SkinsNDeacs was a prophet.

After seeing that video my only question is - President Palin in 2024 or 2028?

Its always important to remember that Sarah Palin had sex with Glen Rice during the Great Alaska Shootout

It is a story that defines us.

Last edited:
Back