• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2016 Foreign Elections Thread

Nine refugees accused of Austria gang rape, stoking election fears
Nine Iraqi refugees have been arrested in Austria on suspicion of gang-raping a 28-year-old German woman in a case that could ignite debate of immigration and crime ahead of this Autumn’s presidential election re-run.

The arrest of the nine Iraqis, all either asylum seekers or recently granted asylum, comes as Austria’s anti-immigrant Freedom Party seeks to over-turn the result of June’s presidential election after mounting a successful legal challenge to pave the way for a re-run on October 2.

The arrests were made over the weekend, police confirmed, after DNA evidence and CCTV camera footage was used to build a case against the nine asylum seekers.

The woman filed the complaint on January 1 but it took nearly eight months of what Austrian police called a “protracted and difficult” investigation before the arrest were made.
The suspects range in age from 21 to 47, said Vienna police spokesman Paul Eidenberger. “There is no doubt about the gang rape according to the biological traces,” the police spokesman told Der Spiegel.
They are alleged to have taken the woman from Vienna's central Schwedenplatz and then assaulted her in an apartment where two of the suspects lived, between the hours of 2am and 6am.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/15/nine-refugees-accused-of-austria-gang-rape-stoking-election-fear/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Nazi FPÖ goes down as Van der Bellen (a Green running as an Indy) wins the Austrian presidential election. Hofer won a greater percentage of his nation's popular vote than Trump did, yet did not win the election :thinking emoji:

The Nazi FPÖ goes down as Van der Bellen (a Green running as an Indy) wins the Austrian presidential election. Hofer won a greater percentage of his nation's popular vote than Trump did, yet did not win the election :thinking emoji:

Yes, but how will the far more important Italian vote go. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Huh? Reusing your own words is repetitive. Plagiarizing and admitting it is different.

repetitive does not just mean using the same words over and over again but can also refer to repeating the same ideas over and over again

since politicians borrow ideas from each other quite a bit, plagiarism is inevitable

Borrowing ideas is different than lifting an entire passage verbatim from a rival's speech.

Color me shocked that sailor is defending Marine le Pen :plos:

No one is defending Marine le Pen. I am just stating the obvious.

No one will be shocked that once again you have missed the point and rushed to an unwarranted conclusion based on zero evidence and much malicious fantasy and speculation.

Seriously, you should get some counseling. I am sure Vienna - of all places - offers plenty of options.

No one is defending Marine le Pen. I am just stating the obvious.

No one will be shocked that once again you have missed the point and rushed to an unwarranted conclusion based on zero evidence and much malicious fantasy and speculation.

Seriously, you should get some counseling. I am sure Vienna - of all places - offers plenty of options.

Sorry, I just get confused which neo-fascist authoritarian leaders you support. Could help if you'd just clarify them all for me

Trump = good. Putin = good. Orban = good. le Pen = bad. That's what I've got so far.

Where is Andrzej Duda on your list? Rodrigo Duterte? Erdogan? Would help to avoid confusion in the future.

(saddest part of this post is how easy it is to list authoritarian, populist, neo-fascist heads of state off the top of my head ... what a shambles)

Sorry, I just get confused which neo-fascist authoritarian leaders you support. Could help if you'd just clarify them all for me

Trump = good. Putin = good. Orban = good. le Pen = bad
. That's what I've got so far.

Where is Andrzej Duda on your list? Rodrigo Duterte? Erdogan? Would help to avoid confusion in the future.

one of those things is not like the other hmm

Back