• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jonathan Gold Drops Anonymous Restaurant Critic Mask

Wait, so he's outing himself as an anonymous restaurant critic whose identity everybody knows? Wat am I missing

there's no way in the world he could walk into a LA restaurant anonymously. he's too distinctive looking.

he may well be aware of dishes that are "critic bait" but he certainly does not own a "chic magnet."

Arguably, he is our country's best restaurant critic.

The guy knows food. His annual lists of top Los Angeles restaurants and top dishes are essential.

Sadly. neither O'Connells nor its lobster roll have ever made the cut.

I wonder how many others will follow suit? I know that recently there was a backlash by chefs against a particularly negative food critic, who tried to be anonymous.

The guy knows food. His annual lists of top Los Angeles restaurants and top dishes are essential.

the only essential food critic is the the one testing for poison

Sharkeshia NO!

Back