• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how does Mike Elkins make this list and Curry doesn't?

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
http://www.lostlettermen.com/slideshow/4-16-2012-top-50-nfl-draft-busts-where-are-they-now/

Edit: Never mind, the list is from 2008. So on an up to date list we'd have 2 of the top 50 draft busts ever, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

0.jpg

Last edited:
Mike Elkins had an amazing arm. We had a monster snowfall and he was just drilling people on the quad.

Was he really a bigger bust than #50 Michael Westbrook?

And was no one in the six drafts since 2008 a bigger bust than Curry?

Not sure Curry would make an updated list.

Really surprised that a 2nd round draft pick would be considered a top 50 all time bust.

Ludicrous to put Elkins as a top 50 bust. Seems you could fill the top 50 with top 10 picks through the years.

If nothing else it was interesting to learn he was in a band with Chip Rives, who along with Tim Duncan and Arnold Palmer, is the answer to a trivia question all WFU fans should know.

What Demon Deacons have won SI's Sportsman of the Year?

I thought it was serve beer at Sigma Chi to freshman, but that was really only one of them.

Ludicrous to put Elkins as a top 50 bust. Seems you could fill the top 50 with top 10 picks through the years.

If nothing else it was interesting to learn he was in a band with Chip Rives, who along with Tim Duncan and Arnold Palmer, is the answer to a trivia question all WFU fans should know.

What Demon Deacons have won SI's Sportsman of the Year?

Trying to remember the members of the band that was made up of football players "The Triple Option". They played in 77-78' (Yes I know that I am old)

Trying to remember the members of the band that was made up of football players "The Triple Option". They played in 77-78' (Yes I know that I am old)

I'd never heard that. That's great.
The mid-90's grunge band version could have been called the Chuck and Duck.
Or The Orbit Sweep in the 2000s.

Elkins only threw two passes in one game? Didn't he play for 3 or 4 NFL teams? Clipboard city. If only he'd gone to Chicago, he could've gotten millions for the same work.

Mike Elkins had an amazing arm. We had a monster snowfall and he was just drilling people on the quad.

I was there for that. Those who weren't paying attention paid the price. I stayed behind and to the side and watched him pick people off.

Elkins actually was on NFL rosters for three season: Chiefs, who drafted him(1989), and for whom he threw his only in game passes, Browns (1991) and Houston Oilers (1992). He spent a year (1990) in the WAFL that was decent.

At Wake he was Ricky Proehl's QB, which may have enhanced his draft position. Troy Aikman was the only QB drafted in the first round that year. Elkins was the next QB drafted that year, ahead of such NFL "notables" as Rodney Peete and Billy Joe Tolliver.

He and Proehl were on a Wake team that went 7-4, but was snubbed by the bowls. They wore black helmets with the run together gold (more like yellow) "WF" - backwards on the right side.

http://www.fanbase.com/Mike-Elkins/photo/1154795?n=0

Elkins actually was on NFL rosters for three season: Chiefs, who drafted him(1989), and for whom he threw his only in game passes, Browns (1991) and Houston Oilers (1992). He spent a year (1990) in the WAFL that was decent.

At Wake he was Ricky Proehl's QB, which may have enhanced his draft position. Troy Aikman was the only QB drafted in the first round that year. Elkins was the next QB drafted that year, ahead of such NFL "notables" as Rodney Peete and Billy Joe Tolliver.

He and Proehl were on a Wake team that went 7-4, but was snubbed by the bowls. They wore black helmets with the run together gold (more like yellow) "WF" - backwards on the right side.

http://www.fanbase.com/Mike-Elkins/photo/1154795?n=0

Would love to see us bring those back as a throw back helmet.

Back