• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

Both benches suck and are short in terms of real talent. For the Dems this time around, I think some of the better potential is sitting it out. Warren and Gillibrand have potential, though they're from the NE.

I agree that both benches suck. The only difference is that the Dems don't have 15 people who shouldn't be on the bench whatsoever clamoring to fill up spots when they have absolutely no chance to win ever.

Yeah, basically. Warren and Gillibrand are women from the NE who would risk a lot by not standing behind Hillary.

Is that really how she made her announcement? What did that even mean? Said it before...I will be shocked if she is our next president. Just not a good candidate and has proven (time and time again) that she has a hard time running a good campaign.

Who is the good candidate?

[waits]

Yeah. That's why Hillary is going to win.

I don't know yet but bad candidates don't win the Presidency. It hasn't happened in 35 years and that only happened because he was the VP of an extremely popular president and ran against the worst candidate in the history of modern American politics.

I don't know yet but bad candidates don't win the Presidency. It hasn't happened in 35 years and that only happened because he was the VP of an extremely popular president and ran against the worst candidate in the history of modern American politics.

I don't like Hillary, but she isn't a worse candidate than George W. And he won. Twice.

W was a good candidate who ran two great campaigns.

I'd argue he was fortunate to run against two woeful opponents. Gore was an idiot for running from Clinton's record. (just like Dems in 2014 were idiots for running from Obama's record.)

Democrats are such wussies and just suck. Ugh.

Well said, dv7. And that's why no one in the Dem side has the balls to stand up to Hillary.

Not a Hillary fan by any means, but her ad is miles ahead of anything we've seen so far from Cruz and Rand. Cruz's ad shows his family praying and Rand's was a pumped up movie trailer. Hillary's ad shows her target demographic coalition and is positive about the path forward. GOP wannabes are all going to be about trashing Obama and Hillary. Can't see a positive forward looking campaign from Walker, Huckabee, Carson, Christie, Perry, Jindal, Santorum, or Fiorina.

It's only one ad and Hillary is prickly, but if she stays above the fray it's going to be tough for the GOP to beat her. GOP can never resist overreaching in Clinton bashing and it almost always backfires on them. Really interested to see how positive Rubio and Jeb are when they announce.

Yeah the first Bush candidacy was kind of baller. He got reelected because Kerry is unlikeable as fuck.

Yankee wealth pretending to be Joe Normal just doesn't work.

Last edited:
Hillary strikes me as similar to Romney in the "wants it too much" sense.

That said, if she gets elected I think she would do a credible job.

Back