• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

It might grow on me but that H with the right pointing arrow seems weird.

Sarah Palin is a grandmother. I guess that makes her qualified to be president as well.

Palin was running to be Vice-Mama Grizzly.

Skins, it's not only weird. It's dumb and doesn't look good at all. Hopefully it will like that Obama seal and just disappear. Nobody wants to look at that for the next 18 months.

Not to turn into a brand wizard but it is hard and rigid. The last thing you want from your brand is to reinforce your negative perceptions.

9f7c5bf1d7546231fd703986ff17920c.jpg

No coincidence that spells "ho." Republicans can't help themselves.

I know I'm not supposed to, but I laughed at it.

Not to turn into a brand wizard but it is hard and rigid. The last thing you want from your brand is to reinforce your negative perceptions.

Strangely those are her husband's positive perceptions.

LK, you can always laugh.

Sarah Palin is a grandmother. I guess that makes her qualified to be president as well.

She's over 35, a natural born US citizen, and has resided here (Alaska/Russia) for fourteen years, so yes she's qualified to be President. Grandmother and fucking moron aren't a qualification.

Speaking of Palin, what's the hold up on her candidacy? Huckabee, Santorum, Perry, Fiorina, and Trump are all talking about running. None of them can win either, so why not Sarah? Only way she extends her gravy train is if Hillary wins and she has another target, but skipping 2012 and 2016 marginalizes her.

I hope it comes out somewhere down the road whatever is currently going on behind the scenes. It's crazy (and disappointing) that no credible Democrat other than Hillary is planning to run.

This upcoming election shows how far the Republicans have wandered off the reservation. We're running a moderate warhawk who's only winning attributes are her name recognition and party affiliation, and were still probably going to run away with the election. The Pubs have multiple solid candidates who could clean up in a GE if they weren't batshit level socially regressive.

Last edited:
I hope it comes out somewhere down the road whatever is currently going on behind the scenes. It's crazy (and disappointing) that no credible Democrat other than Hillary is planning to run.

It is mind boggling.

I'm still hoping Jim Webb gets into the race. But I bet his problem, as well as many others, is that they can't find the financial backing to run while facing such long odds to win.

I think Webb, O'Malley, and Chafee will all run. Chafee is running as a Dem. He was always a pretty liberal Republican, but I think the party kind of left him more than he left the party. He may have mislabeled himself from the get go though.

stop the presses: politician stages photo op!

In Iowa no less.

So which Democrats do people want to run? It's a short bench and/or lack of people who genuinely want to be president.

In Iowa no less.

So which Democrats do people want to run? It's a short bench and/or lack of people who genuinely want to be president.

I thought Schweitzer had potential, but he didn't run for the Senate and is sitting out now, so he's done. I generally think Dems not from the Northeast tend to fare better in the rest of the country than Dems from the Northeast. But there ain't many of them. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine are decent guys who could be solid veeps, though we might lose that Senate seat in the process. I don't see anyone in the Senate west of the Mississippi who is interesting. Maybe Castro, though I'm not too familiar with him. I'm personally a Warren fan, but I don't think a MA college professor type would be a strong candidate unless the Pubs ran a crazy. Gillibrand may be from NY, but I think she has a lot of potential. I would have been more than fine with a Gillibrand/Warner or Castro ticket.

The good thing is there appears to be a growing movement to get rid of Pelosi, but I'm scared that they'd go with Wasserman-Schultz as minority leader, and I can't stand her.

Last edited:
That's basically how I feel. I love Warren but she's better served as an uncompromising watchdog than Compromiser in Chief.

I'd like to see Gillibrand on the big stage but she's not going to upstage Hillary.

Schweitzer was my guy. Shame he wasn't ready for prime time.

That's basically how I feel. I love Warren but she's better served as an uncompromising watchdog than Compromiser in Chief.

I'd like to see Gillibrand on the big stage but she's not going to upstage Hillary.

Schweitzer was my guy. Shame he wasn't ready for prime time.

I heard rumors Schweitzer had a skeleton or 2 that might be unveiled if he ran at the national level. Whether he did or not, it's too bad he isn't running because he has tremendous communication skills and had that right blend of smarts and folksy. Kinda like I used to think of Bill Richardson till he went on Russert and showed he really didn't have the smarts.

Here's a good Gillibrand question. Could she be Hillary's veep? I think that depends on where Hillary is from. If she's from AR, that's fine. But if Hillary is from NY, wouldn't they have to forgo NY's EVs if they were the ticket?

Back