• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

Her VP will be to shore up the base, most likely the Latino base.

If you are experiencing an erection lasting longer than 4 hours please seek medical assistance.

Medical assistance from Dr. Dean would just prolong the erection.

Her VP will be to shore up the base, most likely the Latino base.

Would also potentially shore up the weak Dem bench. They had to move Castro to DC because he wasn't going to be elected TX Governor anytime soon. Gillibrand and Corey Booker have high ceilings, but they still need bigger jobs. NY and NJ are relatively safe seats, so they may get cabinet jobs to skip a few rungs. Gavin Newsom is a light weight, but he'll be the next California Governor.

The convention could help the Dem bench, but they have some major decisions because we know Barack and Bill will speak. Hard to turn down another speech from Michelle as well. Warren isn't going to run for President most likely ever, but she would be a huge draw for the base. So when do Castro, Gillibrand, Booker, Villaragosa, Newsom, and the other Castro speak as well as Patrick and any other former or current Dem governors?

Who ever is the Dem VP will be the frontrunner out of the Dem bench in 2024? To what extent would that VP want to lift everybody else up? Dems may be afraid of someone doing what Obama did with his 2004 speech.

Bill couldn't legally hold office again. It would go to the Speaker. Either way we get a raging Boehner.

Bill couldn't legally hold office again. It would go to the Speaker. Either way we get a raging Boehner.

Not necessarily true. The question has never been before a court to my knowledge, but the 22nd amendment speaks in terms of being "elected" president, not "serving" as president or "being" president. I can definitely argue the issue both ways.

The convention could help the Dem bench, but they have some major decisions because we know Barack and Bill will speak. Hard to turn down another speech from Michelle as well. Warren isn't going to run for President most likely ever, but she would be a huge draw for the base. So when do Castro, Gillibrand, Booker, Villaragosa, Newsom, and the other Castro speak as well as Patrick and any other former or current Dem governors?

Who ever is the Dem VP will be the frontrunner out of the Dem bench in 2020? To what extent would that VP want to lift everybody else up? Dems may be afraid of someone doing what Obama did with his 2004 speech.

FIFY.

The Dem VP wouldn't be the frontrunner if Hillary loses.

Reminds me of this that keeps popping up on my facebook feed:

starwars22n-1-web.jpg

So much for his line of "if I don't think I can win, I won't enter."

Love Bernie. But he has zero chance. Just look at him physically and be honest with yourself about the American electorate.

He has 0% chance.

Back