• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

So Martin O'Malley is basically done (if he ever started), right? What is going on in Baltimore has some of his finger prints on it due to his "zero tolerance " policies that he enacted as mayor of Baltimore. If he ever gained traction the base would kill him over that.

So much for his line of "if I don't think I can win, I won't enter."

Love Bernie. But he has zero chance. Just look at him physically and be honest with yourself about the American electorate.

He has 0% chance.

Sen+Bernie+Sanders+VT+Addresses+Ben+Bernanke+icjNRvVf76ll.jpg

Hillary Clinton: It's time to end the era of mass incarceration

We can start by making sure that federal funds for state and local law enforcement are used to bolster best practices, rather than to buy weapons of war that have no place on our streets.

If the United States brought our correctional expenditures back in line with where they were several decades ago, we’d save an estimated $28 billion a year. And I believe we would not be less safe. You can pay a lot of police officers and nurses and others with $28 billion to help us deal with the pipeline issues.

Hillary taking a stance on the criminal justice system.

A pretty safe one, but still.

Glad she is talking about it. Paul has actually been talking (and trying to do something) about this for years.

Glad she is talking about it. Paul has actually been talking (and trying to do something) about this for years.

Years? You sure about that? Maybe a year at most from what I remember.

On my phone so hard to look up but I know he has talked about limiting law enforcement using military tools like drones and militarized vehicles for much longer than a year.

On my phone so hard to look up but I know he has talked about limiting law enforcement using military tools like drones and militarized vehicles for much longer than a year.

Yeah. I thought you were talking about overcriminalization.

He has also talked about that for longer than a year. Especially as it relates to the war on drugs.

So Martin O'Malley is basically done (if he ever started), right? What is going on in Baltimore has some of his finger prints on it due to his "zero tolerance " policies that he enacted as mayor of Baltimore. If he ever gained traction the base would kill him over that.

lol

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...timore-make-city-central-campaign_936812.html

What a dummy. The riots probably ended any slim hope he had but now he wants to make it a central part of his campaign? There is literally nothing good that can come from that. He will take heat from both his right and left for how his polices helped lead to what happened.

New Hillary poll numbers out this morning are not trending well for her. She is underwater by 25 points on trustworthyness. Still winning the head to heads but the gap is closing and under 50% against Jeb, Rubio and Paul. Her campaign is off to a less than stellar start. If I am a Dem I am really hoping that someone steps up and at least makes her work for the nomination. I know I am a broken record but there is absolutely 0 evidence that Hillary Clinton can run a winning campaign.

New Hillary poll numbers out this morning are not trending well for her. She is underwater by 25 points on trustworthyness. Still winning the head to heads but the gap is closing and under 50% against Jeb, Rubio and Paul. Her campaign is off to a less than stellar start. If I am a voter I am really hoping that someone steps up and at least makes her work for the nomination. I know I am a broken record but there is absolutely 0 evidence that Hillary Clinton can run a winning campaign.

FIFY

New Hillary poll numbers out this morning are not trending well for her. She is underwater by 25 points on trustworthyness. Still winning the head to heads but the gap is closing and under 50% against Jeb, Rubio and Paul. Her campaign is off to a less than stellar start. If I am a Dem I am really hoping that someone steps up and at least makes her work for the nomination. I know I am a broken record but there is absolutely 0 evidence that Hillary Clinton can run a winning campaign.

She ran a winning senate campaign.

Please...she was handed the nomination and NY has elected a total of 1 Republican US Senator in the last 40 years.

She won. She also won a shit load of states against a generational candidate in Obama. She will likely win the nomination in 2016.

She was also at least part of the campaigns that won and retained in the White House in 1992 and 1996.

Back