• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

It was disastrous. The veiled...or not so veiled racism (she was the first birhter) The whining about the media, the literal crying on the campaign trail, the inabilty to control her out of control husband. If she were a Republican running that campaign you guys would think she was the worst human on earth.

And the Huntsman remark was meant to be funny...I need to stop trying to be funny.

Of the God awful primary campaigns that were run during the 2008 primary seasons alone, you think Hillary's was some abomination? Could she have done some things differently early on to counteract the juggernaut that turned into Obama? Sure. Would it have mattered? Maybe not. Keep in mind that Obama absolutely rolled McCain in the general and beat Romney pretty handily four years later.

Hillary’s Favorability Up in New Poll

Despite recent scrutiny over her family’s foundation and the use of private email while she was secretary of state, Hillary Clinton remains unscathed, according to a New York Times/CBS News poll released Tuesday. Clinton saw a 9 percentage-point increase in favorability since controversy over her use of private email began in late March. In that same period, the Democratic presidential contender also saw an 8 percentage-point rise in those who say they believe in her strong qualities of leadership, at 65 percent, up from 57 percent. The survey also found nearly nine in 10 Democrats agree the U.S. is ready to elect a female president.

I saw a column today suggesting Bloomberg should challenge Hillary in the Dem primary. I don't think it would happen, but I'd certainly vote for him over her. I mean she's essentially running unchallenged now. But Bloomberg would make it an interesting primary. Who would the Dems here vote for between Hillary and Bloomberg?

I would consider voting for Bloomberg. I detest all his nanny state stuff but that man knows how to run shit.

I saw a column today suggesting Bloomberg should challenge Hillary in the Dem primary. I don't think it would happen, but I'd certainly vote for him over her. I mean she's essentially running unchallenged now. But Bloomberg would make it an interesting primary. Who would the Dems here vote for between Hillary and Bloomberg?

I'd go Bloomberg, but nut jobs like the NRA would eat him alive in a general election...

Don't think Hillary could win purely on her own merit, but fortunately for her she doesn't have to. Electoral college advantage, demographic changes, first female president, and the Bubba factor all work for her. Despite all that, her biggest advantage is the GOP base. Nobody's forgotten claims that the Clintons bumped off 30+ people, Obama's birth certificate, or 40+ pointless Obamacare repeal votes. HRC has a ton of flaws, but people really don't trust the GOP. Benghazi's not going to work. Fundraising might, but the server's their best shot. Hillary can still bait the GOP on policy positions. Immigration reform drives the GOP base crazy, but easily carries swing states. Will splinter the GOP, but puts HRC well above 300 electoral votes, the only score that matters.

The Republicans will need to bring out a female to attack her, then the guys can just shrug shoulders.

Bubba being being present might be comforting to some voters.

I'd go Bloomberg, but nut jobs like the NRA would eat him alive in a general election...

What states would Bloomberg lose that Obama or Hillary didn't/won't lose? The NRA would cost Bloomberg the South and Mountain West minus CO, NM & NV. He's already gonna lose all that without his anti-gun stances. The only states I can think of that Hillary might win that Bloomberg absolutely won't are WV and maybe NC, though NC will likely be a stretch for her too.

I don't particularly like Bloomberg. I'd consider it though. There are plenty more people I'd rather see out there.

Pennsylvania, Indiana, Ohio, North Carolina would all have solid chances to go red with a huge anti-gun guy on the ticket IMO.

Indiana has only been blue once since 1964. If Hillary has a shot at Indiana, then the race is over.

Indiana has only been blue once since 1964. If Hillary has a shot at Indiana, then the race is over.

Inevitable Hillary Wins Again!*

*YMMV

In their three campaigns for President to date, no Clinton won more votes than Al Gore. Yall keep forgetting that people don't like Hillary.

They like her more than the Republican candidates.

You do, we know that much. We'll find out what happens when the voters get their say.

Look at the polls. Hillary is the only candidate in the race or potentially in the race who doesn't have a higher unfavorable than favorable. Unless you think the GOP primary is going to make any of your side more likable, you should be concerned.

I'm telling you these GOPers feel if they tell themselves they are not going to lose, they won't lose (see Mitt). Despite evidence of a huge Dem electoral college advantage, the fact that everyone hates the Pub congress, and the fact the women, latinos, Asians, etc. are all lined up to vote for Hillary, the GOP's main course of action to try and become even redder in already red states and somehow produce more old white men when there are no more to be had. Pubs can hate HRC all they want to but it won't solve the problem.

Whoever is running the GOP is still asleep at the wheel from the last election.

Inevitable Hillary Wins Again!*

*YMMV

In their three campaigns for President to date, no Clinton won more votes than Al Gore. Yall keep forgetting that people don't like Hillary.

Don't think you got the gist of my post: If (a big and likely unreasonable "if") Hillary has a good shot at Indiana, the race is over. Indiana should not be competitive for a national Democrat.

Don't think you got the gist of my post: If (a big and likely unreasonable "if") Hillary has a good shot at Indiana, the race is over. Indiana should not be competitive for a national Democrat.

I understand what you are saying, but I am casting my doubts on the "if" part.

I don't know that I agree with your point even assuming your premise. Didn't Indiana have a blue governor and Senator in Bayh? Isn't it generally a swing state (visions of Tim Russert/Chuck Todd zooming in on the Gary precincts spring to mind).

Back