• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

Truth or not, still mostly bullshit. Obama's presidency hasn't been perfect, and no candidate should be faulted for recognizing that. Good on Hillary for strategically implanting herself up his ass. It was very smart of her to recognize that black Americans would totally forget about the negative campaign she ran against him just a few years ago.

You do realize there were only two candidates right?

You do realize there were only two candidates right?
Are you referring to this Democratic nomination, or the 2008 Democratic nomination? Either way, it's a dead end conversation. I can understand that black Americans would be hesitant about nominating an extremely liberal candidate. I don't agree with it, but that's unimportant. What I can't abide by is the bullshit notion that support for Hillary is proxy-support for Obama. It's bullshit and I refuse to consider it. I can't give intellectual respect to anyone who be swayed by her gross pandering and coat-tail riding. The nomination is over, but my views of Hillary and her campaign haven't changed with hindsight.

Yeah. Other candidates could have absorbed Obama's support if they had run.

Remember Brietbart and Drudge carried reports that an Obama trip to Asia cost $200,000,000 per day.

ShitHillarySays ‏@shitHRCsays
@Slate How many FBI agents are investigating Hillary and Clinton Foundation? How much does that cost us?

I think "Trump's trade war" could ultimately be a good thing, unlike Hillary's TPP.

As opposed to his economics plan:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-economy-moodys-analysis-224535

Donald Trump’s presidency would “significantly” weaken the country, driving the U.S. into a “lengthy recession” with nearly 3.5 million job losses and a 7 percent unemployment rate, according to a Moody’s Analytics analysis released Monday.

The analysis examined the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s economic plans at face value, based on interviews, speeches and his campaign website. The authors of the report, however, warned that quantifying the real estate mogul’s economic polices “is complicated by their lack of specificity.”

“Broadly, Mr. Trump’s economic proposals will result in a more isolated U.S. economy. Cross-border trade and immigration will be significantly diminished, and with less trade and immigration, foreign direct investment will also be reduced,” Mark Zandi, Chris Lafakis, Dan White and Adam Ozimek wrote in the report.

Yes, most economists favor neo-liberal trade agreements that primarily benefit a small percentage of the population while harming American workers. Still, I can also do a cut and paste from economists who oppose the TPP and say it will be disastrous. Not really any point in doing so though, is there?

Hasn't Hillary come out against the TPP? I'm pretty sure she has.

Whether or not that's genuine is up to speculation since she was a key player under Obama.

The "flip-flop" is certainly a good example of Hillary just being a politician and saying what it takes to get voted.

Hasn't Hillary come out against the TPP? I'm pretty sure she has.

Whether or not that's genuine is up to speculation since she was a key player under Obama.

The "flip-flop" is certainly a good example of Hillary just being a politician and saying what it takes to get voted.

She was for it before she was against it.

How the Political Revolution Failed Tim Canova

The political revolution has let Tim Canova down. Bernie Sanders hasn’t shown up to campaign for his chosen primary challenger to Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the former chair of the Democratic National Committee. Heading into a Florida Democratic primary on Tuesday, Canova is behind by double digits in recent polling and looks likely to lose the race.

So DWS isn't going anywhere, it would appear.

Back