• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

The Koch machine is planning to spend $889 million during the 2016 election cycle.

How much money must they be planning to make off conservatives in office if they're willing to spend $889 million?

Can't say I'm enthused about any of the above. While I like Warren, liberals from the NE have a hard time getting to 270. Plus, the word is she isn't running. I don't get why Biden is running, unless he thinks Hillary may drop dead in the next year. The 1 person I really don't want on that ticket is Mayor Carcetti. No foreign policy experience and inappropriate temperament for high office - plus has few core beliefs other than he should be elected for whatever he's running for. I'm hoping Hogan winning this past election in MD over O'Malley's hand picked successor has doomed his chances to go any further in politics.

Yeah, Hillary is prolly inevitable as the Dem nominee, and I'm not enthused. LK is right - you don't pick a veep candidate just because (s)he is from a certain state. Just take a safe/do no harm dude like Biden or an up and comer like Castro. Really not looking forward to this.

I am not looking forward to it either but its the hand that has been dealt to both sides because of the current toxic political atmosphere. I really wish there was a uniter out there regardless of party (there probably is but who in their right mind would want the job?) to bring the country together.

I say let Hillary have her glory and hopefully go against some tea party crazy that she can destroy, and thereby destroying the tea party. Most of the Pubs I know are completely happy with Hillary as they know their party is in such a mess.

The Democrat party really doesn't need to worry about cherry picking candidates from certain states to lock in those votes. The electoral demographics are so heavily in their favor currently that I don't see any way they can lose the presidency in 2016. It's time for them to pick the candidate who can lead the best (I have no idea who that is) and not the candidate that can win, because frankly all of them can.

With Obama's numbers...not necessarily w/ Hillary's numbers.

Hillary's gonna be kinda old too...you sure she's definitely gonna run?

Hillary's gonna be kinda old too...you sure she's definitely gonna run?

Same age as Reagan was on his Election Day. Younger than McCain was in 2008. She's the same age as Romney.

I can't see American going from electing a 47 year old to electing a 69 year old, but the 40/50-something are non-existent on one side and a mixed bag on the other.

I can't wait for all the flip flops on both sides on the "McCain is too old" (silent on Hillary) and the "McCain is NOT too old....OMG HILLARY WILL BE ANCIENT WHEN ELECTED."

I can't wait for all the flip flops on both sides on the "McCain is too old" (silent on Hillary) and the "McCain is NOT too old....OMG HILLARY WILL BE ANCIENT WHEN ELECTED."

McCain was not my choice but I had to support him because I didn't support Obama...but fair point nonetheless.

I was never worried about McCain's age/health. This is obviously a long time ago, but I don't recall any credible persons on the left attacking McCain based on his age.

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but it's leaking ahead of the announcement today that Philly won the 2016 DNC bid.

Biden's backyard...just sayin

Chompers McGee!

CTY-biden05p-smile.jpg

What if Hillary were to have a serious health problem crop up in the next year? The choices would be Joe, Sanders and Mayor Carcetti?

What if Hillary were to have a serious health problem crop up in the next year? The choices would be Joe, Sanders and Mayor Carcetti?

Hillary not running would open up the door for a couple women Senators, I think, since their pledge to not run against Hillary would be null and void.

Hillary not running would open up the door for a couple women Senators, I think, since their pledge to not run against Hillary would be null and void.

Speaking of. Here's a random picture of Kristen Gillibrand (right) with her college roommate who is now famous in her own right. Without checking title of the link, guess who her roommate is.
1411074219_kirsten-gillibrand-connie-britton-zoom.jpg

Back