• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

List of Pretentious Shit

Hack golfers who wear white belts

Kobe beef.

The guy the lectures someone about how they didn't really get REAL Kobe beef.

The guy that insists the place he went really did get actual Kobe beef and it was obvious once he tasted it.

And the same thing for IMAX.

The term "fecal matter." Just call it feces or shit. You're wasting breath when you call it matter. It's like saying, "This table is made out of 'wood matter.'"

Aristotle wrote like an entire book on this shit. Totally pretentious.

Studying abroad
The term abroad
Talking about your trip to Europe
Safaris
Not vaccinating your children

people who, when talking about their bike tires, spell it 'tyre'

I'm gonna guess you come from somewhere where you rarely would need a knit hat. A toboggan is a long wooden sled. I had never heard the term used for a knit hat until I came to Wake and heard it used by a suite mate from Cheraw, SC.

From today's WRAL(Raleigh) news site:

Apex police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man wanted for an armed robbery on Gables Gate Court.

Police on Friday released a sketch of the man, who is described as black, 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall, 30 to 40 years old with a medium build. He was wearing dark clothing and a dark toboggan.

Back