• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

List of Pretentious Shit

Salt that requires extra descriptive terms. Each additional modifier enhances pretentiousness.

Don't get this. Toboggan is just the word for it where I came from.

I'm gonna guess you come from somewhere where you rarely would need a knit hat. A toboggan is a long wooden sled. I had never heard the term used for a knit hat until I came to Wake and heard it used by a suite mate from Cheraw, SC.

Has anyone here ever actually used a bidet? It seems like the most pretentious thing ever but I can respect the service it provides.

I'm gonna guess you come from somewhere where you rarely would need a knit hat. A toboggan is a long wooden sled. I had never heard the term used for a knit hat until I came to Wake and heard it used by a suite mate from Cheraw, SC.

I think it's a distinctly southern phrase. I grew up in southern Arizona, which gets legit snow about once a decade and even there a toboggan is not something you wear.

I grew up in W-S and every kid/parent I knew referred to knit hats as toboggans. Doing a quick check online it appears as if knit hats were originally called 'toboggan caps' because that's what you wore while riding your toboggan. Over the years it was shortened to toboggan.

I think it's a distinctly southern phrase. I grew up in southern Arizona, which gets legit snow about once a decade and even there a toboggan is not something you wear.

They do call Arizonians Sun Devils for a reason.

Tobaggan feels like a Garden n Gun southern term aka its a neuvo bullshit faux southern phrase.

Pretentious faux southern magazine Garden and Gun

People who have a sticker on their car that shows how far they have run in a race. My fat ass does not have my golf hcp on the back of my car.

Back