• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How recruiting has changed

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
It used to be once a kid announced where he was going-- committed-that was usually it. No more! It must be really tough for coaches today-- you recruit a kid and he says I am coming and then you have to continue to recruit him until signing day. Used to be once a kid announced most other coaches left the kid alone-- no longer. Guess you just have to wait to signing day to see what you get!

It used to be once a kid announced where he was going-- committed-that was usually it. No more! It must be really tough for coaches today-- you recruit a kid and he says I am coming and then you have to continue to recruit him until signing day. Used to be once a kid announced most other coaches left the kid alone-- no longer. Guess you just have to wait to signing day to see what you get!

I don't think it's changed so significantly. I can social media causing somewhat of an effect on this situstion but I don't think it's much different. Either way, recruiting should be a year long thing and even after a kid commits, the cosch should stay on him througout the entire process because they created a relationship with that kid.

Live by the flip, die by the flip! Also what's up with all these myspaces kids have today?

it used to be that all wake needed to do to bring in a big recruit was send bud out of town. you've lost the magic and i don't like it. step up your game man.

When did this "used to be" time exist? We had multiple players in Coach Caldwell's first class at Wake that flipped their commitment to Wake from other schools.

it used to be that all wake needed to do to bring in a big recruit was send bud out of town. you've lost the magic and i don't like it. step up your game man.

+1 lol

I think the next significant change will be refusing to sign an LOI. It is weighted far too much in the school's favor. The LOI will be dropped, or dramatically changed to be more balanced. Obviously, this will be started by the elite recruits.

Only in basketball! Never had the magic in football. Hoping to finalize things for a big trip this summer so that the other two Wesleyan players can make their announcement! Worked with Brandon, hope it does for his teammates

Back