• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Yeah this whole bush and Cheney destroyed America is tired and overdone. I have health, money, a job, family, life's pretty fucking sweet so ahhh it worked out great!

Yeah this whole bush and Cheney destroyed America is tired and overdone. I have health, money, a job, family, life's pretty fucking sweet so ahhh it worked out great!

Yeah. My life has been awesome since 2004.

Destroyed Iraq? OK. Destroyed Afghanistan? It was destroyed anyway. Destroyed America? Nah. It will take more than that.

Bush Derangement should be a psychological condition.

It's not like Dean had just blown a 30 point lead in Iowa to finish third. His campaign was dead before the scream, but sure, let's focus on what the media did to him.

So should the denial of the negative long term consequences of the Bush presidency.

Yep people definitely repeat the same talking points, but ignoring the impact of Bush's poor decision making in the foreign policy arena is equally as obnoxious IMO.

Yep people definitely repeat the same talking points, but ignoring the impact of Bush's poor decision making in the foreign policy arena is equally as obnoxious IMO.

Bush followed up by Obama has been foreign policy disaster x 100.

obama is a foreign policy "disaster"?

on the balance sheet

benghazi wasn't great, drones aren't great, dealing with putin wasn't great, ME is probably scarier now than pre 2001 (yemen, syria, lots of collapses)

cutting our losses in iraq and afghanistan is great, as well as the ideas behind "light footprint" approaches going forward

net negative maybe, but i wouldn't say disaster when "success" is as close to unattainable as it ever has been

on the balance sheet

benghazi wasn't great, drones aren't great, dealing with putin wasn't great, ME is probably scarier now than pre 2001 (yemen, syria, lots of collapses)

cutting our losses in iraq and afghanistan is great, as well as the ideas behind "light footprint" approaches going forward

net negative maybe, but i wouldn't say disaster when "success" is as close to unattainable as it ever has been

Jury's still out on the Iraq pullout but Afghanistan was never a good situation. You've also left out the trading for Bergdahl and Gitmo situations. Also Iran, what's going on there?

hm, im not sure i disagree. i think it's pretty laughable to think that a GOP presidency would have handled drones differently. I think the move to put the US behind world interventions and thrust security on regional players will come out to be a pretty well-regarded policy shift in the long run.

hm, im not sure i disagree. i think it's pretty laughable to think that a GOP presidency would have handled drones differently. I think the move to put the US behind world interventions and thrust security on regional players will come out to be a pretty well-regarded policy shift in the long run.

Agreed.

Rand Paul was never a serious candidate in a race that will partially focus on pressing foreign matters.

I don't mind a large field but 24 is silly.

Lindsey Graham and Pataki are silly candidates.

Back