• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Was hitting golf balls in DC last week and Rand Paul was at the range. My buddy got a picture with him - he was wearing a fucking Daily Show hat. Unfortunately I couldn't get any shots to ricochet back into his stall. It was right after he dressed down that interviewer like an ass so I definitely tried.

Rand's campaign so far is eerily similar to Biden's in 1988-Senator who misrepresented his academic background, plagiarized some speeches, and was filmed losing it when questioned. Biden flamed out fast and kinda surprised Rand hasn't taken more heat for bad behavior so far.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/who-will-run-for-president-every-republican/

enten-feature-whosrunning-reps-2-19.png

Rand's campaign so far is eerily similar to Biden's in 1988-Senator who misrepresented his academic background, plagiarized some speeches, and was filmed losing it when questioned. Biden flamed out fast and kinda surprised Rand hasn't taken more heat for bad behavior so far.

So you're saying in 20 years Rand Paul will be elected Vice President? That's a pretty cool comparison you picked up.

Was hitting golf balls in DC last week and Rand Paul was at the range. My buddy got a picture with him - he was wearing a fucking Daily Show hat. Unfortunately I couldn't get any shots to ricochet back into his stall. It was right after he dressed down that interviewer like an ass so I definitely tried.

Just watched that interview on youtube. Rand did a great job of redirecting that grandstanding liartart.

I think its a Rand Paul interview.

As far as Walker splainin' situation, I think he's going to have to come up with a clear answer for his policies. But when the nation's real unemployment is so high, I'm not sure if anyone's running on their economic record in 2016 with a straight face.

"Real unemployment?" What's that and how is it so high after many consecutive months of job growth including 1,000,000 over the last three months?

I posted his original article on some thread a while back, here it is again. http://www.gallup.com/opinion/chairman/181469/big-lie-unemployment.aspx

It's not just the White House that likes to trumpet numbers like this. The whole Pat McCrory NC Comeback theme is built on exactly the same misleading numbers. There are a boatload of former factory workers who used to have good middle class jobs in NC and are still able to work - but they've been forced to take a crappy McJob, have just given up, or have found a way to get on disability, so they're not counted in the NC unemployment rate.

So where is the evidence that real unemployment is up under Obama? Republicans fight policies to help the little guy and crow when the little guy gets screwed.

Go, do you think Republicans would support a bill specifically addressing black unemployment?

PH, I don't think the numbers say that "real unemployment is up under Obama". I think what they say is that unemployment is down overall, but that millions of Americans are still unable to find work, or can only find part time work, or have given up on the labor force entirely. It's part of the same package of data showing the hollowing out of the middle class, as all the economic gains go to the top 10% of earners.

We live in a capitalist country. That's the way our economy is designed to function and government has been steadily moving in that direction since 1980.

We live in a capitalist country. That's the way our economy is designed to function and government has been steadily moving in that direction since 1980.

We don't live in a capitalist country. We live in a welfare/warfare state. If we lived in a capitalist country people would in general be rewarded according to the effort they put forth rather than according to the influence they have bought from the government goons.

So where is the evidence that real unemployment is up under Obama? Republicans fight policies to help the little guy and crow when the little guy gets screwed.

Go, do you think Republicans would support a bill specifically addressing black unemployment?

Tax cuts, deregulation, reduction in public services

We don't live in a capitalist country. We live in a welfare/warfare state. If we lived in a capitalist country people would in general be rewarded according to the effort they put forth rather than according to the influence they have bought from the government goons.

:rofl:

That is a laughingly over-simplified statement on our current situation. In the first place, many...dare I say most...of the highest earning incomes in this country are not rewarded according to the effort they put forth. Many of them are simply a result of status of birth. Many more, such as CEOs & overpaid athletes, have virtually no correlation between pay & performance.

And while I agree with you that government handouts have, in too many cases, become unaccountable and need to be revisited....the lack of good jobs and inequitable opportunities to prepare for and obtain those jobs...even if they were available...is a huge problem for society. Certainly, there are problems arising in some cases from a conditioned acceptance of a system of unaccountable government payments.....but to think that this is the total cause...or even the biggest part...of the problem is to ignore reality.

What cannot be denied is....as PH correctly stated....income & net worth inequality has gotten increasingly worse since 1980. If you want to place a watershed event on when this really began, the election of Ronald Reagan is as good a one as any you can find.

Simplify the message to brood fear and anger.

Back