• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

patriotism?

b7b6fece1d62ff33b8dc725bb054c05d.jpg

There are plenty of things to criticize Obama about, but saying he's a crappy parent because his kids listen to Beyoncé or that he hates America are ridiculous. Rudy was too moderate for the GOP in 2008. At least now he's finally got some street cred.

There are plenty of things to criticize Obama about, but saying he's a crappy parent because his kids listen to Beyoncé or that he hates America are ridiculous. Rudy was too moderate for the GOP in 2008. At least now he's finally got some street cred.

Rudy used to be worth listening to, but like so many GOPers the need to constantly demonize the evil Obama creeps into everything now.

Isn't he the guy with grown children who won't speak to him? That always speaks well of one's character.

Clearly his kids are jealous of America getting all of their dad's love.

LOL. That and all of his wives. Man, those family values Republicans sure seem to have a lot of problems with marriages & families.

I'm always reminded of Bob Barr, the Georgia congressman who authored the infamous "Defense of Marriage Act". Considering that Barr has been married three times, someone once asked him exactly which one of his marriages it was that he wanted to defend.

Yeah, just ask Bob Knight. Marriage is forever.

Rudy used to be worth listening to, but like so many GOPers the need to constantly demonize the evil Obama creeps into everything now.

Any GOP candidate who's bright enough and strong enough to be an effective President knows that Rudy overstepped, but none will ever say that in public since it would hurt their primary prospects.

Imagine if "Does Obama love America? Raise your hand if you say yes." was a GOP debate question.

bob, it sounds like you are thinking only in charicatures on this

Says the guy who suggested Republicans are the lone party of patriotism.

Wrangor,

Are you still riding that "2016 Chris Christie Victory Train"?

(Weren't you the one who was saying that a President Christie in 2016 was almost a foregone conclusion? I was thinking that you were the one who kept preaching that sermon.)

I thought/think he will win the Republican nomination. I never made any sort of claim about the general election, although I think he is a strong candidate. I stand by my assertion that he will win the Pub nomination. I have refrained for the most part in partaking in discussion on this board lately because it has become a pretty repetitive sounding board where dissenting opinions are not merely dismissed but attacked with vigor. I prefer to lurk and read.

Then why would it matter that Republicans support patriotism if it is something supported by both sides?

I guess I assumed you attempted to actually make points when you post.

I've said for a long time that when you get to the bottom line, for many years now all Republican campaign issues have either fear, greed or prejudice as their main ingredient. Three very effective emotions that appeal to the worst instincts among us. WF's own Jesse Helms was probably the Godfather of that effective strategy.

Tell me one positive message that Republicans espouse. They are all negative, all the time.

I was responding to this post - the one immediately before mine - and said nothing about Democrats or their patriotism or lack there of. Patriotism is a positive message. That is all.

To what extent the Democratic candidates are patriotic or not is for the voters to decide.

Christie has roughly the same chance that I have of winning the Republican nomination.

Feeling better about his chances if you think he has none. I call it the reverse Dean effect. Anyone who thinks Dean would have won sans his WWF primal cheer doesn't understand politics. Dean was never going to win. With or without that moment.

Christie's time in the sun will come. And when it does, he is the only candidate that has the chops to make the most of it.

Back