• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

ok, but you said someone would be "a fool for feeling comfortable calling him a Christian" based on his life. But you also said in other posts that we cannot possibly know if someone is a Christian or not by just taking them at their word or, ostensibly, their actions (ie going to church, publicly praying, etc). So I'm not sure how these two assertions square up.

Seems to be some serious judging going on here. It's been a while since Bible class but I think there is a commandment about not doing what Wrangor is doing.

no worries. I just like discourse and debate on this issue.

I agree with you (and Walker) that it is not important. Whether or not a candidate is a Christian is absolutely irrelevant to their performance in public office.

I would vote for a Jew or a Muslim to be president, wouldn't you?

About Trump's religion. I am curious how you have judged his life to come to the conclusion that anyone who believes he is a Christian is a fool. That was a pretty heavy post my man.

Again I tell you--it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!

no worries. I just like discourse and debate on this issue.

I agree with you (and Walker) that it is not important. Whether or not a candidate is a Christian is absolutely irrelevant to their performance in public office.

I would vote for a Jew or a Muslim to be president, wouldn't you?

Of course. I voted for Obama remember.

:)

I have no problem voting for any faith beliefs for public office. Being a Christian doesn't mean you make a good governor/president/etc....

Last edited:
Of course. I voted for Obama remember.

:)

I have no problem voting for any faith beliefs for public office. Being a Christian doesn't mean you make a good governor/president/etc....

What about an open atheist?

Fine with that as well DV7. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If anything I try to hold politicians who claim Christianity as theirs to a higher standard. If you are going to claim something, then claim it. I am not going to say that religion doesn't matter, because it certainly is a part of the candidate's resume, but I try to look at the whole picture, and figure out who I believe can do the most good. Plenty of atheists out there doing a ton of good, same with pretty much any other ethos.

It is pretty dumb that reporters are asking potential candidates if they think Obama is Christian, to be fair.

Fine with that as well DV7. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If anything I try to hold politicians who claim Christianity as theirs to a higher standard. If you are going to claim something, then claim it. I am not going to say that religion doesn't matter, because it certainly is a part of the candidate's resume, but I try to look at the whole picture, and figure out who I believe can do the most good. Plenty of atheists out there doing a ton of good, same with pretty much any other ethos.

Why would religious affiliation be an meaningful part of a candidates resume if you could never be sure if their claims were true?

And how do you know that those atheists are actually atheists?

Well I'll be counting on Wrangor's vote when I run for public office as an open atheist. Good to know.

Thanks PH. You made my point better than I ever could. You don't know. And neither did Walker. Which is what he said.

And by the way. I agree with you 100%. It is a fact not an opinion. So if someone asks me if obama or trump or ph deac or billy graham is a Christian I would say "I don't know because truly in this case Grobe was right. Only the Lord knows.

Oh please, Walker was pandering and trying to satisfy the base without coming off like, well, the base. We all know Obama is not a Muslim, which is really the basis for the "is he a Christian" question.

Both Walker and Christie have crappy staffs. WI's a smaller state, but Walker's been in the national press for 3 years. NJ's sandwiched between two huge media markets. Media staff needs to anticipate questions better and prepare. Both trips to London were messed up because of poor media appearances. Walker just may not have it, but his staff needs to be better.

veep-cast-pic_652x404.jpg

staff is everything

Back