• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most of you wanted Archie Miller over Danny Manning

Not really sure what you are talking about, but none of Tulsa's key players are Manning's recruits.

i'm almost positive you are incorrect here.

although it is true that none of dayton's players are manning recruits

http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/tulsa/players

All of Tulsa's players averaging more than 15 minutes a game are juniors. Unfortunately I can't seem to get any of the recruiting sites to work at the moment, but I recall checking a couple of months ago and seeing that they had all committed prior to Manning's hire.

Of the 7 main rotation players for Tulsa this year either 2 or 3 are Manning recruits at 4 or 5 are Wojcik. Not that it matters that much.

Of the 7 main rotation players for Tulsa this year either 2 or 3 are Manning recruits at 4 or 5 are Wojcik. Not that it matters that much.

apetit is right

I posted this on the last recruiting thread (forgot Harrison at the time, though, which matters now). Danny recruited the following players while he was at Tulsa:

-Class of 2012:
Shaquille Harrison: SG - 3 stars
Rashad Ray: PG - UR
Kauri Black: PF - Graduate Transfer from Northeastern (graduated)

-Class of 2013:
Emmanuel Ezechinoso: C - 2/3-star
Lew Evans: C - JuCo transfer (never made it to campus?)
Steve Repichowski: SG - UR
Marquel Curtis: SG - JuCo transfer
TK Edogi: PF - UR

-Class of 2014:
Mitchell Wilbekin: PG - 3-star (followed Danny to Wake)
Micah Littlejohn: SG/SF - 2/3-star

Only three Manning recruits play more than 7 minutes per game. Shaquille Harrison is 1st in scoring (15.2)/5th in rebounds (4.2)/1st in assists (3.4)/1st in steals (1.8), Marquel Curtis is 4th in scoring (7.6)/6th in rebounds (3.3)/3rd in assists (1.3) and Rashad Ray is 6th in scoring (7.1)/7th in rebounds (3.1)/2nd in assists (3.1).

So, one of Tulsa's best players, two rotation players, and a lot of scrubs. Not too shabby for 2.5 recruiting classes at a mediocre mid-major.

Last edited:
...with Mannings recruits...

Smith committed on 8/30/2010
Swannergan committed on 6/24/2011
Wright committed on 8/8/2011
Woodard committed on 9/11/2011

Manning was hired on 4/4/12

Harrison, Ray, and Curtis are all Manning guys, though.

Last edited:
apetit is right

I posted this on the last recruiting thread (forgot Harrison at the time, though, which matters now). Danny recruited the following players while he was at Tulsa:

-Class of 2012:
Shaquille Harrison: SG - 3 stars
Rashad Ray: PG - UR
Kauri Black: PF - Graduate Transfer from Northeastern (graduated)

-Class of 2013:
Emmanuel Ezechinoso: C - 2/3-star
Lew Evans: C - JuCo transfer (never made it to campus?)
Steve Repichowski: SG - UR
Marquel Curtis: SG - JuCo transfer
TK Edogi: PF - UR

-Class of 2014:
Mitchell Wilbekin: PG - 3-star (followed Danny to Wake)
Micah Littlejohn: SG/SF - 2/3-star

Only three Manning recruits play more than 7 minutes per game. Shaquille Harrison is 1st in scoring (15.2)/5th in rebounds (4.2)/1st in assists (3.4)/1st in steals (1.8), Marquel Curtis is 4th in scoring (7.6)/6th in rebounds (3.3)/3rd in assists (1.3) and Rashad Ray is 6th in scoring (7.1)/7th in rebounds (3.1)/2nd in assists (3.1).

So, one of Tulsa's best players, two rotation players, and a lot of scrubs. Not too shabby for 2.5 recruiting classes at a mediocre mid-major.

He's recruited well enough here so far that I'm not concerned about that as a problem area at this point in time.

But yeah, I was talking about Dayton getting Top 25 votes.

But then we can't have a false sense of superiority because our coach is black.

4 of Wake's top 6 scorers this season are Manning recruits. #scoop

I'm sorry I totally caused this thread to go off track with misinformation. However, this hydrocodone cough medicine (Tussionex) does work well :) . Again, sorry for the nonsensical post.

Not really sure what you are talking about, but none of Tulsa's key players are Manning's recruits.

I'm sorry I totally caused this thread to go off track with misinformation. However, this hydrocodone cough medicine (Tussionex) does work well :) . Again, sorry for the nonsensical post.

You may have just been proven wrong, but you'll never be as wrong as openly pining for this guy

s_amiller_sp.jpg

Archie Miller has a good record with a team that lost a bunch of key players from their elite 8 run, they were supposed to suuuuuck

Archie Miller has a good record with a team that lost a bunch of key players from their elite 8 run, they were supposed to suuuuuck

They were supposed to be decent and had a quite a lot coming back, but their 2 really good bigs from the elite 8 team went into another students dorm in December and stole money and got kicked off the team.

So now coupled with a couple of injuries Dayton is down to 6 scholarship players, none of which are above 6'6. Very fun team to watch now, they use their roster composition to their advantage on offense and really space and move the ball.

Anyways, happy to have Danny but Archie is going to be a star. Will be interesting to see which big program gets him eventually

Agree on Archie. Really good young coach.

They were supposed to be decent and had a quite a lot coming back, but their 2 really good bigs from the elite 8 team went into another students dorm in December and stole money and got kicked off the team.

So now coupled with a couple of injuries Dayton is down to 6 scholarship players, none of which are above 6'6. Very fun team to watch now, they use their roster composition to their advantage on offense and really space and move the ball.

Anyways, happy to have Danny but Archie is going to be a star. Will be interesting to see which big program gets him eventually

I'm just hoping said future big program isn't located in the state of North Carolina.

I thought Archie would have been a solid hire. Still do. I think Manning has done well so far. It's all about the 2016 class.

I'm just hoping said future big program isn't located in the state of North Carolina.

Agree on this and the post you quoted. I think Archie will be a great coach for a long time. If he ends up at State they will be good for a long time IMO.

Yeah, will be interesting. Hopefully Gott does a good enough job for a few more years. His career arc is shaping up to be pretty much exactly like his brother's. Trying to think of prestigious programs that may be looking to make a coaching change in the next 1-2 years. Do Indiana fans still want Crean gone? UCLA? Although I doubt he'd want to compete in recruiting with his brother.

just need gott to be a liiitttttle better and we'll be ok

Back