• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest - Georgia Tech Game Thread

Damn. We shot 82.5% from the line. Granted DT, MJ and CMM combined for only 1 free throw attempt.

Tech just mugs us every year down there. Just physical abuse. They got back on CMM and doubled DT. Well executed bitch slap.

The Greek and Crab scored 34 of our 59. Good thing DM went to work finding scorers last summer

DM post game

- We didn't come out well.
- Same team up on NC State several days ago
- Tonight we didn't get it done
- Same effort has to be there
- We need to get back to what we've been doing
- Crab did a good job getting to the line
- Dinos did good things as well
- 2 Freshmen leading us on the road
- Daniel practicing with us for 3 months, got to the line, I've been there
- Start watching Miami tape tonight

Crab post game

- just hit funny bone
- we made it too easy for them
- we have to fight hard and get back to practices
- I know we'll come back and fight hard on Wed.

I missed the game today. I was planning to go but played golf instead, even though it was cold this morning.
Glad I played golf...........

Given our lack of shooters, it surprises me this didn't happen sooner. We missed an incredible number of shots.

I feel like we improved hugely between the OOC and ACC schedule. Now we're getting worse within the ACC schedule. It's not like we got blown out at UVa or Notre Dame.

Amazing we could have two really good game in a row and then lay this clunker. Devin and Cody both were mentally absent especially Devin. He drives me fucking crazy with his on again off again attitude and effort.

Amazing we could have two really good game in a row and then lay this clunker. Devin and Cody both were mentally absent especially Devin. He drives me fucking crazy with his on again off again attitude and effort.

I think you've got yo give tech credit. They got back on d and kept Codi from being able to attack off of the high pick. DT was physically handled two on one, they were tough and executed on the defensive end. Too many missed shots by the other guys that were wide open, Darius, ROuntree mj all given looks.

Just awful loss to a desperate team that is prob gonna fire their corch in offseason. Nauseating, so glad I didn't pay to see this crap

Have to admit I'm a little disappointed in the looks we gave GaTech. Never set up a legitimate full court press minus some light pressure. Didn't pressure their guards much or trap on defense even though we got a few steals when they wandered into a double. Started Rountree over Hudson in the 2nd half despite his awful play in the first half. Didn't move Devin to the high post much to pull their bigs away from the rim. Starting Rountree at all really is pretty questionable.

With the suspensions and the benching of Devin it kind of seemed like Manning was making a point about effort and responsibility, which is fine. But we didn't do much adjusting either. I get that we weren't expecting them to shoot 50% from deep but at some point you have to switch up your approach.

Have to admit I'm a little disappointed in the looks we gave GaTech. Never set up a legitimate full court press minus some light pressure. Didn't pressure their guards much or trap on defense even though we got a few steals when they wandered into a double. Started Rountree over Hudson in the 2nd half despite his awful play in the first half. Didn't move Devin to the high post much to pull their bigs away from the rim. Starting Rountree at all really is pretty questionable.

Extremely baffling move by DM.

Devin deserved to be benched. With redacted he could play like a clown and there would be no repercussions. I am glad DM sends a message when a guy is stinking it up, especially a junior making some really dumb plays. But Hudson needed to come in earlier in the first half and start in the second. I know Rountree hustles, but kills them on defense and can be ignored when we are have the ball. Meanwhile you have a freshman who is actually scoring, something no one else was doing. Hard to understand what DM was thinking there.

Back