• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest - Georgia Tech Game Thread

My take on our performance today:
"All we ask," he says, "is that you play hard. All we ask is that you compete! If you can't do that, then pack up your stuff and go!!."

We haven't won in Atlanta since Chris Paul. Think of all the good Wake teams and bad Tech teams since then. It's hard to fathom

I was at the first loss in this streak. Flew up from Tampa to see Paul vs. Jack. Great game. Tough OT loss.

I was at the first loss in this streak. Flew up from Tampa to see Paul vs. Jack. Great game. Tough OT loss.

That game was rough. Win that and we're a 1 seed and don't play West Virginia.

We haven't won in Atlanta since Chris Paul. Think of all the good Wake teams and bad Tech teams since then. It's hard to fathom

We also lost about 9 out of 10 in Atlanta before that game. We're around 2-20 in Atlanta over the last 18 years if count acc tournament and a random game we played at Phillips about 10 years ago.

We know Manning has the mentality that it doesn't matter who starts, but rather who finishes. He's said as much. Sounds like today was Exhibit A.

Can you do us all a favor and just fucking shut up? Thanks

So you think our three year starter at guard played well today? It easier to defend a one dimensional player. Unlike State, Ga Tech took away the fast break and drives to the hoop . This is not rocket science. Make CMM and MJ beat us with jump shots and double team DT. When MW, Greek, Crab and Leonard aren't hitting everything ( at least 2 of them ), we are in for a long night.

5e8.jpg

I like the fact that we care enough to post about winning again & as many say we're gonna be good again! This is a minor set back as we simply don't have the talent to win these games.

We also lost about 9 out of 10 in Atlanta before that game. We're around 2-20 in Atlanta over the last 18 years if count acc tournament and a random game we played at Phillips about 10 years ago.

Since 1990 we've won there 5 times. We haven't won there since 04. Our wins were in 93 (Childress, RR), 97 (Duncan), 00 (Howard?), 03 (Howard?), 04 (Paul)

Not to mention we are 0-3 in the ACCT in Atlanta and 1-1 in the NCAAT.

It looks like the policy is: Either you give your best effort (and by now all involved know approximately what that is; we did not see that today from those more capable), or I'll find someone else to that will. Personally, I like it. Strong implications.

Not gong to speculate whence the lack of effort stems; basketball notwithstanding, life generally rolls out plenty of occasions that test the mettle. Sometimes we dig a little deeper, nut up, find another gear...something...or we 'lose'. When that becomes anathema or simply basically unacceptable, then one is hopefully and justifiably compelled to find a way to win. When failure per se ceases to be a motivation, and a learning experience, there's not much left to draw upon.

There's more at stake here than just winning a basketball game, I sense, though...

It looks like the policy is: Either you give your best effort (and by now all involved know approximately what that is; we did not see that today from those more capable), or I'll find someone else to that will. Personally, I like it. Strong implications.

Not gong to speculate whence the lack of effort stems; basketball notwithstanding, life generally rolls out plenty of occasions that test the mettle. Sometimes we dig a little deeper, nut up, find another gear...something...or we 'lose'. When that becomes anathema or simply basically unacceptable, then one is hopefully and justifiably compelled to find a way to win. When failure per se ceases to be a motivation, and a learning experience, there's not much left to draw upon.

There's more at stake here than just winning a basketball game, I sense, though...

Gotta love the "deep thoughts" post...you knew this was an early AM post without even looking at the time stamp.

Well said sir...

This game has zero meaning.

Notre Dame got humiliated at Duke at the same time we were looking pathetic at GT. That game at Cameron also had zero meaning for the remainder of Notre Dame's season, much less the future.

Yeah, because Notre Dame is going to the tournament no matter what they do at this point. We aren't sniffing the NIT.

So you think our three year starter at guard played well today? It easier to defend a one dimensional player. Unlike State, Ga Tech took away the fast break and drives to the hoop . This is not rocket science. Make CMM and MJ beat us with jump shots and double team DT. When MW, Greek, Crab and Leonard aren't hitting everything ( at least 2 of them ), we are in for a long night.

Is CMM porkin' your daughter?

The ATL curse started in the first round of the '83 ACCT, when we gift-wrapped Valvano's natty.

Last edited:
And ESPN will remind us of this for generations, until one day the world will mercifully come to an end, and we shall finally be set free.

Last edited:
I wonder what our avg margin of loss is down there since Paul. Seems like we always get blown out regardless of how bad GT is.

We struggle immensely against any team with legit bigs. Can't finish at all around the rim. DT is just completely erased when he's up against a bigger, legit C. It's actually kinda remarkable. His game goes from 100 to zero. Duke was the only exception when okafor seemed to fall asleep for a game.

Back