• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

Right, you just made my point. No one would want to watch it except for unintentional comedic value, sort of like you attempting a 5K.

i do 5ks

its running/walking for just over 3 miles. i'd never do a half or full marathon tho. not even when i was in shape. why? because the human body isnt structured to run such distances non-stop.

The potentially offensive tweets actually give me a little hope that he might not be terrible at hosting the daily show. His two or three bits thus far on the show have been weak and his timing has been off but the stand-up segment at the Apollo that someone posted and the tweets give me a little hope.

The potentially offensive tweets actually give me a little hope that he might not be terrible at hosting the daily show. His two or three bits thus far on the show have been weak and his timing has been off but the stand-up segment at the Apollo that someone posted and the tweets give me a little hope.

The difference between his DS stuff and his standup and why you don't care for the former and do care for the latter are?

The difference between his DS stuff and his standup and why you don't care for the former and do care for the latter are?

Well I wouldn't say I loved his stand up but he seemed more fluid with his delivery in the standup and his presence was more in command. On TDS, as I noted, his timing seemed off, and he seemed nervous or something, he just wasn't connecting with the audience and the dialogue seemed forced. He definitely was not as comfortable as the other more seasoned correspondents but he only did two or three times and was probably nervous. Some people come right out the gate and make a great correspondent (e.g. Jordan Kleper) and others take some time to settle into the role (eg Assif Mandvi). The actual jokes in both were fine... I thought the bit about Africa or America was pretty good, but became very predictable...ie it went on too long,

Sucked on the daily show, sucked at the Apollo, tweets about the two most boring things imaginable soccer and Jewish chicks. RIP daily show.

Yeah Daily Show is done without Stewart. They know it, otherwise they would have invested in better talent. Stewart made that show into a part of political and national culture, but it was because of Stewart. Ratings will become microscopic now.

Yeah Daily Show is done without Stewart. They know it, otherwise they would have invested in better talent. Stewart made that show into a part of political and national culture, but it was because of Stewart. Ratings will become microscopic now.
Yep, they thought the only way to save the show was to hire a huge name. When they struck out they hired a nobody so when the show tanks there is nothing invested. If he succeeds great but now there is less skin in the game.

Back