• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

The sugar ep, the NCAA ep, the FIFA ep. He presents a lot of conjecture and opinion as fact. Which is fine if you're a comedy program, but a little grating when you're preaching.

I think people were asking what you thought was being represented as fact that was actually not. Also, what does calling his opinion pieces "one-sided" mean? Of course they're one sided, short of his "to be fair" comments he routinely adds. It's not a news program.

Right. Like saying H&M is evil and only dumb poors shop there.

He's got a lot of problem exposing under his belt and no solution proposing. Unless you think his hashtags have been big wins.

Like I said, I enjoy his show and find him funny. But he's really biased and often obnoxious and I think it'd be worse if I didn't agree with him so often.

i was giving you a little shit for finding someone else tone deaf and elitist. having a little fun with the conversation.

agree with others that he does not need solutions since he is doing an entertainment show. i don't completely disagree that he comes off as a little high and mighty or know-it-all at times. however, i don't find it all that obnoxious, usually, since he is pretty self deprecating most of the time.

Agree with Townie. He doesn't present false facts, but he doesn't really fairly present an issue. No issue is black and white, and even the causes/people he champions are rarely clean handed. To make his argument, he bombastically presents his side as if that is the only way a informed PC person could/should land on the issue.

I've had a problem with a lot of the issues he presents involving the legal system where he really glosses over rational counter posistions in key issues, and often displays either a misunderstanding or lack of research of the issue.

He isn't a dumb guy, I studied at Cambridge and the Christ College kids are far from stupid, but I think the time constraints he has to put these things together coupled with he and the writers inherent bias, lends to intellectually disingenuous arguments sometimes.

And again, I just don't like a British dwarf with bad teeth in a size 38 jacket and coke bottle glasses preaching to me.

Where is Kenpom when you need him?

If there was a composite ranking for the best country in the world, the US would be #1 and I don't even know who would be remotely close as #2

shut yer trap. this is 'murica and if you don't like it you can leave it! lee greenwood sang "proud to be an AMERICAN" not canadian. not brazilian. not frenchie.

I mean America does have some seriously screwed up problems that we should make fun of and talk about, but it's not like there's some amazing analogous country out there doing it better

If there was a composite ranking for the best country in the world, the US would be #1 and I don't even know who would be remotely close as #2

Yep. A recent study asked people what country they would immigrate to, U.S. Was number 1 by a large margin. Something 120 million people said they would migrate here if allowed. U.S. be the best homies.

Yep. A recent study asked people what country they would immigrate to, U.S. Was number 1 by a large margin. Something 120 million people said they would migrate here if allowed. U.S. be the best homies.

Damn. Better build that wall.

thanks obama... wait, did i do that right?

Back