• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

After a month or so, I have to say that Trevor is doing a really good job with the show. I was very skeptical of his selection, but right from the first episode I think he's done a good job...maybe not great, but he has exceeded my expectations. Of course, having Jordan Klepper and Jessica Williams and brining back Al Madrigal and Asif Mandvi (for at least a few bits) has really helped with the transition. With a month of data in hand, I am pretty confident that the Daily show will survive.

Ronny Chieng slays me. I don't know why exactly. Funny dude.

The star of the daily show with Trevor Noah thus far for me has been Roy Wood Jr. He has been consistently funny in every assignment or bit that they give him.
The best of those thus far has been either the Alabama Refugee Experience or the Are All Cops Racist bit he did with Jordan Klepper.

All of the new correspondents have done pretty well so far.

Jessica Williams is leaving The Daily Show — exclusive

Tomorrow is her last day on the show :(

Williams’s new job is to work on writing, producing, and starring in the pilot for a half-hour scripted series. (Naomi Ekperigin, a writer for Broad City and Difficult People, is co-producing.) The still-untitled comedy will center on “a politically-minded young woman who may be ‘woke’ but doesn’t know what she’s doing,” according to the official description. “It’s a show about someone in their 20s who has all these social ideas but still, like, does not have it together,” Williams explains, before adding: “And she’s goofy and silly and funny!”

At this point they should have just given the top 5 correspondents their own weekly show in the Daily Show time slot.

At this point they should have just given the top 5 correspondents their own weekly show in the Daily Show time slot.

Yep. Every time I manage to tune into TDS, I find myself wondering how it could be so unfunny now.

Yeah, I thought Trevor was doing okay when he started. But these days most all of his bits are political, and they're just lacking. The correspondents are great - as good as they've ever been. But Trevor's take on US politics is just not insightful or funny, and his interviews are uninteresting slobknob fests.

I had originally opined that the 2 folks who could have replaced him were Oliver and Wilmore. I don't watch the Nightly Show much any longer because of the format. They'd be better off canceling that, moving Wilmore into Daily Show host, and at least we'd have 1 decent show again.

Stewart would have done Trevor a favor by leaving after the election.

I didn't like Samantha Bee that much on the Daily Show - but Full Frontal is fantastic. If you miss the Daily Show it does a great job filling the void.

it would be nice if daily and nightly would talk a bit about what each other are doing. Too many nights, the first 15 of each is basically the same thing.

Also, Klepper sucks. All the worst segments are him. Gonna miss underused Williams.

Trevor needs to stop laughing at his own jokes.

This. It's what keeps me hating Jimmy Fallon. Wood Jr, Williams, and the curly red headed girl are hilarious though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallon somehow morphed into the best late night show in the past year or two. I didn't see that happening, and yet here we are.

I didn't like Samantha Bee that much on the Daily Show - but Full Frontal is fantastic. If you miss the Daily Show it does a great job filling the void.

I've only seen a couple eps of this but I thought it was beyond awful. She irritates the fuck out of me.

Back