• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

Which late night shows do people watch? I used to watch Daily Show and Colbert then just whichever one had the best guest. Now I don't watch any. I have other shows to catch up on at night.

i dunno, I get pretty tired of his interviews; he's nearly perfected late-night-host robot, though

I really like some of his recurring segments. Point Pleasant Police Department is great. (So, so dumb, but great.)

yeah, i agree with that; his non-interview parts of his show are by far the best of the bunch.

i do like Seth Myers white guy anger, though

Which late night shows do people watch? I used to watch Daily Show and Colbert then just whichever one had the best guest. Now I don't watch any. I have other shows to catch up on at night.

I record TDS and watch if I hear there's something good. Otherwise, just Bill Maher.

I watch Full Frontal and Oliver's show. Then the occasional TDS or Graham Norton maybe. I gave Colbert a try, and it wasn't worth it.

I've only seen a couple eps of this but I thought it was beyond awful. She irritates the fuck out of me.

To each their own. I found her irritating on the Daily Show but Full Frontal is sharp as hell. Her 2010 election piece should be mandatory viewing.

Samantha Bee was my least favorite TDS correspondent (with any notable tenure, so not counting someone like Olivia Munn). Now she's my favorite TDS alum. That is, I like her show the most, though Oliver is close.

that desi chick got her body back fast after baby.

TDS is sort of terrible now. Noah's opening standup monologue is okay, but he never really has great political insight but still talks a lot of politics. He also does a lot of black-centric pieces, which are fine but narrow the appeal of the show. He also does not have the pull to get the same caliber of guests, and his backups are often nobodies, like he has had a decent amount of broadway cast members on lately. WTF wants to hear what they have to say. I get that he is making the show his own, tapered to his own interests, but unfortunately that show is not nearly as good, insightful or funny as the last one. Not by even a third.

As for Fallon, he really put a fresh take on late night when he moved to the tonight show. The result was that everyone was forced to up their game which meant that you probably ended up with better content no matter who you were watching. I liked Fallon on Late Late and liked him initially on the Tonight Show, but his overpositivity after a while starts to ring hollow and fake. I get that as a mainstream voice he wants to be positive upbeat and not cynical, but no one thinks everyone and everything is the best ever. I have found myself going back to Kimmel at the 1130 slot.

I dvr Fallon and Colbert and will watch if I like a guest or music act, which is at best once a week usually less. Fallon is annoying with the interviews cause he loves to hear himself talk too much, but pretty great with everything else. Colbert is on point with the interviews.

Fallen is god awful. My favorite defense of people who back Fallen is that he always broke character and laughed on SNL. That is 100% different from laughing like a GOD DAMN IDIOT every time anyone says anything on his show. What a joke.

Bringing back "Stephen Colbert" just makes me miss the Colbert Report. Can he just morph his show into that? Can't imagine too many CBS watching olds are loving him this week

Bringing back "Stephen Colbert" just makes me miss the Colbert Report. Can he just morph his show into that? Can't imagine too many CBS watching olds are loving him this week

I think he was trying too hard initially to be bipartisan. He's just been letting loose this week, and it's not a coincidence that his show has been getting praise in that same period

I dunno I think Stewart retired at the right time, he is just getting more angry and bitter as he gets older. He also acts like spending two afternoons on capitol hill with vets walking around the congressional office with no prior appointments is the best thing anyone could have done for anybody.

As is the usual, as you get older, you care less about what people think and start letting the real you shine through. And in Stewart's case that guy is an ass.

I dunno I think Stewart retired at the right time, he is just getting more angry and bitter as he gets older. He also acts like spending two afternoons on capitol hill with vets walking around the congressional office with no prior appointments is the best thing anyone could have done for anybody.

As is the usual, as you get older, you care less about what people think and start letting the real you shine through. And in Stewart's case that guy is an ass.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Back