• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Stewart Leaving the Daily Show

McCain may still be the all-time most frequent guest on The Daily Show.

Stewart also went after the media on both sides all the freaking time.

If Fox News and W were easier targets...there's only themselves to blame.

ya there was never any low hanging fruit around on the Dem side. I also love how all the libs on this board have a circle jerk together on any right leaning posters.

racist
bigot
homophobe
"dumb"
insensitive

Are you saying Stewart avoided some of the low hanging fruit on the left because people were calling him those names? Or he was afraid of being called those names?

What's an example of low hanging fruit Stewart should have attacked (but didn't) that would have unfairly earned him one of those labels?

Stewart is a good interviewer and has always been fair to conservatives he's had on there - many have said that. He enjoys intellectual debate with thoughtful conservatives. The only person I can remember him having an agenda to go after and who he absolutely destroyed was Jim Cramer. If you've never seen that episode, go back and watch it.

hey I like the Daily Show. Watch it all the time and it's funny. I am just saying he definitely leans left and even moreso during elections.

Yeah that Cramer interview was probably one of Stewart's finer moments IMO. The Carlson take down is great as well.

Stewart is a good interviewer and has always been fair to conservatives he's had on there - many have said that. He enjoys intellectual debate with thoughtful conservatives. The only person I can remember him having an agenda to go after and who he absolutely destroyed was Jim Cramer. If you've never seen that episode, go back and watch it.

Not sure if he was ever a guest on the show but Stewart absolutely loathes Dick Cheney.

Not sure if he was ever a guest on the show but Stewart absolutely loathes Dick Cheney.

Agreed, and no, I don't think Cheney was ever on there. Notice I said thoughtful conservatives. The Palins, Cheneys, Roves and Bush Lites of the world haven't been on there.

Agreed, and no, I don't think Cheney was ever on there. Notice I said thoughtful conservatives. The Palins, Cheneys, Roves and Bush Lites of the world haven't been on there.

Mrs. Cheney has been on. My vague recollection of that interview was that it was cordial but sort of stiff. I seem to remember a (the?) daughter as a guest too.

Are you saying Stewart avoided some of the low hanging fruit on the left because people were calling him those names? Or he was afraid of being called those names?

What's an example of low hanging fruit Stewart should have attacked (but didn't) that would have unfairly earned him one of those labels?

2981120-jpg.2522

McCain's daughter was a guest.

Last edited:
Mrs. Cheney has been on. My vague recollection of that interview was that it was cordial but sort of stiff. I seem to remember a (the?) daughter as a guest too.

I remember his daughter, but not his wife. And certainly not him.

go with a nice drive by yesterday.

bravo....

Back