• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Stewart Leaving the Daily Show

Stewart hit both sides of the aisle, but he made it no secret that he preferred to hit the right. In fact, usually when he hit Obama it was out of a state of dismay. When he hit the right it was out of glee. I love The Daily Show, and watch it whenever I can. I will miss it for sure, but Stewart was biased with this reporting, and would often admit to being so. I think that is what I liked about it. He was fair enough to not be Bill Maher, but he was honest enough with his own convictions that he didn't try to be 'fair and balanced'.

Great comedian, and a great show that will be missed.

I think he was a comedian, first and foremost.

I think he was a comedian, first and foremost.

Yes, which is why I never got hung up on his bias. I didn't watch the show because it was informative. I watch/watched the show because he made me laugh.

Stewart is an honest and neutral broker, then. All of our mistake. So noted.

Honest, yes. Neutral, no. He never pretended to be neutral. That's the basis of his entire war with Fox News and their ridiculous "Fair and Balanced" moniker.

McCain may still be the all-time most frequent guest on The Daily Show.

McCain's daughter was a guest.

McCain was the most frequent guest before the 2008 elections. According to Wikipedia, Brian Williams was the most frequent with 15 as of August 2012 and McCain was next with 2014.

McCain was the most frequent guest before the 2008 elections. According to Wikipedia, Brian Williams was the most frequent with 15 as of August 2012 and McCain was next with 2014.

2014 appearances?!?! That's a lot.

Haha. That's a pretty random typo. I meant 13.

Hoo Boy !

I beat you to this on the Middle East thread, Biff. Take this down or I will be forced to take this issue to a moderator!

Worth listening to the whole thing. “Al-Qaeda didn’t shout ‘Death to Tribeca.’”

turns out it was a subcommittee meeting and every member of the subcommittee was there. Jon was out of line.

Still a great speech that shouldn't have been necessary after almost 18 years.

turns out it was a subcommittee meeting and every member of the subcommittee was there. Jon was out of line.

Jon is out of line because congress has turned it's back on providing care to 9/11 first respondents. oh FFS.

In that case, fuck that guy for wasting the subcommittee's time, whatever his message or intent. At least the dick didn't tie up the actual committee's time with such nonsense. Way out of line to provide a voice for 9/11 first responders and their health....

In that case, fuck that guy for wasting the subcommittee's time, whatever his message or intent. At least the dick didn't tie up the actual committee's time with such nonsense. Way out of line to provide a voice for 9/11 first responders and their health....

Yeah what a jerk.

I bet Stewart would be a great dude to drop a dose or take some shrooms with.

Reactions: ONW
I don’t understand why funding 9/11 first responders is even a question.

Back