• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Stewart Leaving the Daily Show

I've found that anyone who uses the word "lib" is a moron #anecdotes

2016 just got a lot better for the GOP.

NBC News should offer him the chair honestly. And he'd do a great job.

Jon Oliver would be the best choice to succeed him, but I doubt he'd leave his current gig to do that. This is bad news for my TV viewing coming on the heels of losing the Colbert Report. And I'm kinda meh on Larry Wilmore's show. I like him and think he's funny. But I don't care for the middle segment of his show for the same reason I don't care for Bill Maher's show - I don't really care to hear what celebs have to say on the issue du jour.

Jon should run for the Dem nomination.

Jon Oliver would be the best choice to succeed him, but I doubt he'd leave his current gig to do that. This is bad news for my TV viewing coming on the heels of losing the Colbert Report. And I'm kinda meh on Larry Wilmore's show. I like him and think he's funny. But I don't care for the middle segment of his show for the same reason I don't care for Bill Maher's show - I don't really care to hear what celebs have to say on the issue du jour.

Yeah. Placing two segments in the hands of random people every night is risky. And the people they pick are often cringeworthy. The last one I watched was on obesity and they had an obese woman who is a professional fat advocate, a disabled comedianne, Lavell Crawford (obese comedian known for his fat jokes; played Huell on Breaking Bad), and Morgan Spurlock from Super Size Me and other documentaries. On one hand, you know what they're going for, but setting up the "is obesity a disability?" argument between a 300 lb lady and a tiny disabled lady in a wheelchair is uncomfortable and awkward and not a guaranteed win. On the other hand, they've had people who normally don't get a public voice in these conversations.

I'd rather them go monologue, story/correspondent, guest and maybe do the monologue, panel, panel format on Thursday as like a weekly round up. "Keeping it 100" is good though. Just do that with the guest kind of like Kilborn's 5 Questions.

Last edited:
where will liberals between 18 and 25 get their news from?

where will liberals between 18 and 25 get their news from?

classic Deacs8x. We live in shitty times when you have an entire political party arguing, in the para-phrased words of Stephen Colbert, that reporting on reality has a liberal bias.

classic Deacs8x. We live in shitty times when you have an entire political party arguing, in the para-phrased words of Stephen Colbert, that reporting on reality has a liberal bias.

So you think the Daily Show was not biased?

Sure it was. But mostly it was a show that picked low hanging fruit. It's not Stewart's fault that the low hanging fruit wasn't evenly distributed across the political spectrum.

I think its easy to make fun of the low hanging fruit from the GOP. When you hit the low hanging fruit of the left, you're called names.

Stewart's a comic genius and very astute politically. Guy knew what he was doing, this is a major hit for progressives if he's not on the airwaves anymore.

I think its easy to make fun of the low hanging fruit from the GOP. When you hit the low hanging fruit of the left, you're called names.

Stewart's a comic genius and very astute politically. Guy knew what he was doing, this is a major hit for progressives if he's not on the airwaves anymore.

It's a beautiful little system if you look at it objectively. Well done.

Stewart repeatedly took shots at people on the left and frequently had conservatives on as guests.

Stewart repeatedly took shots at people on the left and frequently had conservatives on as guests.

Stewart is an honest and neutral broker, then. All of our mistake. So noted.

I feel like that there were missed opportunities for conservatives to get their message out to a new audience, but at least some attempted to do so on the show. Stewart is a smart guy, he often murders his guests esp from the right.

I'm dumb because I report reality to some angry lefties on this board according to the tags. :)

Back