• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

21 best fried chicken joints in America

Went once. Over priced and overrated. I can see the appeal if you've never had soul food before though.

Definitely overrated.

Best chicken I've had in NC was at Poole's Diner in Raleigh. Better than the chicken at Beasley's, IMO.

All the decent fried chicken places near me closed a few years ago. Even the KFC closed. Sucks.

Gus's is definitely the best fried chicken I've ever heard. So. Good.

The worst part of this thread is that it's been two days and my craving for good fried chicken has only strengthened ... and there's nothing remotely near me that counts as even "edible". I mean, there's a KFC but it's pretty gross. And that's literally it :(

The worst part of this thread is that it's been two days and my craving for good fried chicken has only strengthened ... and there's nothing remotely near me that counts as even "edible". I mean, there's a KFC but it's pretty gross. And that's literally it :(

Make your own and invite over all your Eurotrash friends for a fried chicken and beer party.

Nope, just Rocky's. I didn't make the claim, though, cookout did. Looks like he's actually had both and can make a judgment call like that though.

Anyone been to Soo Cafe in Raleigh? Korean fried chicken. Its awesome. If you haven't been, go. It used to be on Hillsborough, but moved to off capital because of the new hotel. I am worried the new location will kill it, but its really good. I suggest the hot. The other sauces are also good, but hot is my favorite.

This list makes me miss a place from back home called Hopkins House that Southern Living voted #1 fried chicken in the South a while back. they only served it on Tue and Sun so it was our after church tradition to pick up some and eat on the porch in the summer. too bad they closed.

This list makes me miss a place from back home called Hopkins House that Southern Living voted #1 fried chicken in the South a while back. they only served it on Tue and Sun so it was our after church tradition to pick up some and eat on the porch in the summer. too bad they closed.

Church

Back